Author Topic: Reversing Camera  (Read 57065 times)

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Reversing Camera
« on: November 04, 2015, 02:36:35 pm »
Looking at the Mazda UK website I note that the Reversing Camera is a standard fitting on the Sports Nav model and an optional extra on the other two in the range. Here in Germany, the Reversing Camera is only available on the top of the range Sports-Line model and not an option on the other models in the range at this time.

However, the dealer got on the blower to Mazda and was informed that the Reversing Camera can be ordered and fitted for €690 for pre 2015 models i.e. prior to the so-called 'Upgrade' models and will become available for ordering and fitting for the other models in the 'Upgrade' range as of late December 2015 again for the cost of €690 which includes fitting. As a result of the lousy beep volume from the reversing sensors I'll be first in line to have the Reversing Camera fitted as soon as it becomes available. The picture should look good on the 7" screen.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline xtrailman

• From Worksop Great Britain.
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
Re: Reversing Camera
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 06:05:00 pm »
I bought a reversing camera off Amazon for around £12, not for the car though.

I wouldn't pay anything like what Mazda want, but would research the pin outs from the 7" screen with regard to fitting my own. Enquire on mazda247 there is lots of info on there.
Was 2013 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Man 1663kg
Now 2015 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Auto 1703 kg.
 Towing a 1565kg Bailey Valencia 2011 model.

Offline Deeps

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 08:56:38 am »

I wouldn't pay anything like what Mazda want, but would research the pin outs from the 7" screen with regard to fitting my own. Enquire on mazda247 there is lots of info on there.

Yes, but with a 1 month 5 day old car with the best part of the 3 year warranty still to run................ :-\
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline MikeTB

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Zeal Red Mica
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 10:16:54 pm »
The Mazda camera (2013) has lines on the screen to show where you are going, so it has additional software to help justify the price.
Only problem I have found is it doesn't work well when it rains. Water runs down over the cover and affects the view.

Offline xtrailman

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 07:07:13 am »
Yes the camera is poorly positioned, I also don't think its as good as the 2009 Xtrail one I had.
Everything appears smaller so its more difficult to make things out unless close up.

Camera on Xtrail was more recessed so picked up less rain and dirt, but it still did need the odd wipe with a finger.
Camera on Tucson gave larger images but the image wasn't anywhere near as clear, worst of the three IMO.

Offline Cornish CX-5

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 08:24:02 pm »
Looking at the Mazda UK website I note that the Reversing Camera is a standard fitting on the Sports Nav model and an optional extra on the other two in the range. Here in Germany, the Reversing Camera is only available on the top of the range Sports-Line model and not an option on the other models in the range at this time.

However, the dealer got on the blower to Mazda and was informed that the Reversing Camera can be ordered and fitted for €690 for pre 2015 models i.e. prior to the so-called 'Upgrade' models and will become available for ordering and fitting for the other models in the 'Upgrade' range as of late December 2015 again for the cost of €690 which includes fitting. As a result of the lousy beep volume from the reversing sensors I'll be first in line to have the Reversing Camera fitted as soon as it becomes available. The picture should look good on the 7" screen.

Looks like the mazda uk has been updated, does this mean they now have it available for the 2015 model?  Has anyone managed to get a fitted price from a dealer?

Offline Deeps

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 08:39:26 am »
I can't find any mention of the Reversing Camera being now available for the 01/2015 models under the Accessories section on either the Mazda UK or German websites. Could you post a link as to where you came across it please?

Offline Cornish CX-5

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 10:28:25 am »
http://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/accessories/mazda-cx-5/2011-11/safety/KD53V7535/

Just thought that things look to have been updated,   the pictures have changed as have a few other accessories,   didn't know if this meant that it was now available.   

Offline Ant

• Colour: Jet Black Mica
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 10:32:59 am »
From what I can see, the reversing camera isn't available in the UK yet as an accessory for facelift models that don't have it. However, Mazda's UK website can be misleading because if you navigate Mazda.co.uk > Cars > CX-5 > Accessories (from the option that appears underneath the main CX-5 picture) you're taken to the accessory page for the pre-facelift model.

Mazda.co.uk > Buying & Owning > Accessories allows you to navigate to the correct facelift and pre-facelift accessory pages.

Offline Deeps

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 10:53:29 am »

Mazda.co.uk > Buying & Owning > Accessories allows you to navigate to the correct facelift and pre-facelift accessory pages.

Yes, that's the route I navigated and found nothing regarding the reversing camera availability. I'm off into town in a couple of ticks and will pop into the dealer and see what he has to say.

Update: dealer confirms, as per my earlier post, that the reversing camera for the 01/2015 CX-5 models will be available towards the end of December although in reality, taking into consideration the Christmas holidays, we're looking at January for ordering and fitting etc.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:45:54 am by Deeps »

Offline p38cyq

• Belgium
  • Colour: Machine Gray
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2022
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 01:58:39 pm »
Just FYI, I ordered one as an accessory on my 2015 CX-5. The car was delivered late september, however the dealer was unable to install it due to soft- and/or hardware faults.

So up to now the reversing camera and the wiring harness is still laying with the dealer - dormant.

The German forum describes this fault as well, and it seems dat Madza Germany promised a solution to become available as from january, 2016.

Offline Deeps

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 04:11:02 pm »
Yes, from what I read it would appear that during low light levels the display picture is very pixalated and of generally poor quality overall when compared to other vehicles. Perhaps someone who regularly makes use of the reversing camera would like to add comment in this regard.

Offline xtrailman

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2015, 05:20:29 pm »
Yes, from what I read it would appear that during low light levels the display picture is very pixalated and of generally poor quality overall when compared to other vehicles. Perhaps someone who regularly makes use of the reversing camera would like to add comment in this regard.

I don't recall the 2013 car being as bad in poor light, but then again the daytime picture is much better.
The old car wasn't actually as good as my 2009 Xtrail camera, new car in daylight is better.

Offline Deeps

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 04:14:54 pm »
From what I can see, the reversing camera isn't available in the UK yet as an accessory for facelift models that don't have it. However, Mazda's UK website can be misleading because if you navigate Mazda.co.uk > Cars > CX-5 > Accessories (from the option that appears underneath the main CX-5 picture) you're taken to the accessory page for the pre-facelift model.

Just taken another look on the Mazda UK website and the reversing camera is still not showing. However, it is now showing as available on the German site. http://www.mazda.de/service-zubehoer/zubehoer/mazda-cx-5/2015-01/sicherheit/K015V7535/

Offline p38cyq

• Belgium
  • Colour: Machine Gray
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2022
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 08:15:31 am »
My camera has been built in now, must say I am very pleased with it.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 08:15:31 am »