Author Topic: Second CX5 in 7 months. Thank You Floyd at Lodge Garage Kingswood  (Read 33557 times)

Offline Anchorman

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2018
Re: Second CX5 in 7 months. Thank You Floyd at Lodge Garage Kingswood
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2018, 08:35:14 pm »
On single or dual track roads, even wide ones, Bikes can upset the system. I found out the safe gap that worked to pass cyclists with a non radar car is not  nearly enough to avoid  the system braking . You need to leave a much bigger passing gap if running with radar on. Or turn the radar off.
Re winter frost, the car has headlamp de icer, wonder if that works on the radar repeater as well.?

You sure it has a headlamp de-icer?
Eagles may soar high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.......

Offline rmvf

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2020
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2018, 08:59:20 pm »
Tried out a few of the new toys in Gee over the last week, her nibs was a bit worried that the tyres were possibly causing the CX to 'Tramline' as she found that when moving from left to right the steering became heavy and fought against her returning to the left lane.

Took Gee out for a run and sure enough it felt as though the vehicle did not want to return from right to left without a fight moving from left to right was no problem.

Dawned on me that the lane deviation module had been ticked 'Yes' so we entered the Computer module menu and removed the tick, following this 'Yee haa' No further problem with 'tramlining.

So if you have stiff steering when deviating right to left have a look at your settings in case it is set to 'Yes' in the lane deviation set up.

Having experienced it I can say that if you are driving when tired it will help you from making a direct beeline for the hedge , ditch, Tree on the roadside. HOWEVER having said that don't be dunce and drive when tired anyway, it is merely an aid NOT a lifesaver.

Other than that still enjoying Gee with all the goodies.

I have switched ours off too, i think its good if your on a long journey and maybe on your own too, i did notice that the lane still lights up on the HUD, but at least it stops what your saying, can be a bit annoying in urban traffic
2012 sport nav in pearl white
2016 sport nav in sonic silver
2018 sport nav in mica blue
2020 sport nav in sonic silver
2022 sport black in machine grey

Offline Clarice

• Shoot first ask afterwards..fewer questions
  • Year: 2022
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2018, 06:39:25 am »
Spoke to an engineer working for Mercedes who have had this installed for a while, they found a problem with the cameras being remote from the cabin that they would fog up , to overcome this they had to put in a mini heating bar to disperse the condensation, don't think Mazda have this so it is again an aid not a life saver and in adverse weather it really is down  to the driver.

Offline YX1109

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Model Grade: Sport
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2018, 12:02:08 pm »
On single or dual track roads, even wide ones, Bikes can upset the system. I found out the safe gap that worked to pass cyclists with a non radar car is not  nearly enough to avoid  the system braking . You need to leave a much bigger passing gap if running with radar on. Or turn the radar off.
Re winter frost, the car has headlamp de icer, wonder if that works on the radar repeater as well.?

You sure it has a headlamp de-icer?
Read some reference to a headlamp wash deicer, or some such . Thought it would be an asset in winter Will  have  a further read of the manual next time I have it out.Was more interested if it had some effect on
the radar head maybe fogging up in bad weather. Probably not.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 12:23:48 pm by YX1109 »

Offline Clarice

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2018, 06:51:49 am »
Think you will find the radar set up is in the top centre of the windscreen housed in a plastic case not attached to the front of the car, In foggy or frosty conditions nothing will work until it clears the condensation or the frost build up from the forward facing cameras, but, Mazda have the problem in hand as the dash warning will light up like a christmas tree telling you the function is compromised.
Headlamp de-Icer ?
Surely as the light comes on it has enough heat to disperse condensation, you sure they don't mean put an anti freeze additive in the water used to clean the lights ?

Oh a point that was brought to my notice when on a CPC course, don't use only water in your washer bottle, Why ? because the water gets cold, heated up and then cools time out of number which can lead to it being a breeding ground for Legionnaires disease which you gaily spray all over your windscreen and gets into the air ducts leading to the cabin. Keep an additive in it.

Offline YX1109

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Model Grade: Sport
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2018, 12:35:35 pm »
Think you will find the radar set up is in the top centre of the windscreen housed in a plastic case not attached to the front of the car, In foggy or frosty conditions nothing will work until it clears the condensation or the frost build up from the forward facing cameras, but, Mazda have the problem in hand as the dash warning will light up like a christmas tree telling you the function is compromised.
Headlamp de-Icer ?
Surely as the light comes on it has enough heat to disperse condensation, you sure they don't mean put an anti freeze additive in the water used to clean the lights ?

Oh a point that was brought to my notice when on a CPC course, don't use only water in your washer bottle, Why ? because the water gets cold, heated up and then cools time out of number which can lead to it being a breeding ground for Legionnaires disease which you gaily spray all over your windscreen and gets into the air ducts leading to the cabin. Keep an additive in it.

The radar set up seems to be on the front windscreen , but according to the owners manual on the net
the radar receiver sensor is located within the big Mazda Badge on the front grill.

Offline dunhill1984

• Colour: Snowflake White
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2018, 12:53:51 pm »
radar is in front grill ,camara in windscreen is light sensitive to brake/head lights in front working together to give radar cruise control .end of
living a stress free life near dona nook (nth somercotes) bombing range on lincs coast

Offline Anchorman

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2018, 12:50:55 am »
radar is in front grill ,camara in windscreen is light sensitive to brake/head lights in front working together to give radar cruise control .end of

You seem very confident that the windscreen mouthed camera is influenced by brake lights. Where did you get this information from?

Offline dunhill1984

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2018, 03:29:27 pm »
from seeing it happen,radar cant see light rays, the brakes come on harder when car in front brake lights come on,if they dont my car slows down more gently....
living a stress free life near dona nook (nth somercotes) bombing range on lincs coast

Offline Anchorman

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2018, 08:21:46 pm »
from seeing it happen,radar cant see light rays, the brakes come on harder when car in front brake lights come on,if they dont my car slows down more gently....

Hmm, well I’ve not witnessed what you have seen but I think all that is happening is that your radar responds instantly to a car slowing down rather than the lights.  This pdf says nothing about and brake light detection and I doubt it could distinguish who’s brake lights to respond to in busy traffic.

Offline Clarice

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2018, 07:52:27 am »
Should be interesting if the Radar receiver sensor is within the big Mazda badge in the front grille, the latest model has a big clear plastic cover over the same badge and with time, elements, degradation of the clear plastic by Uv rays etc the sensor will become senseless, not a good option.

Offline dunhill1984

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2018, 06:21:21 pm »
Well if its good enough for lexus its good enough for mazda ;)

Offline Anchorman

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2018, 03:32:22 pm »
My mate was designing radar cruise control and he said that one of the biggest challenges was getting the cameras to see past the logo.

Offline dunhill1984

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2018, 05:51:22 pm »
Theres no camaras behind  the logo  just a radar plate!

Offline Anchorman

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2018, 07:13:21 pm »
Theres no camaras behind  the logo  just a radar plate!

What’s a radar plate?

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2018, 07:13:21 pm »