Author Topic: Prospective CX-5 owner, first-time with a Mazda too  (Read 57299 times)

Offline Hippogriff

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Machine Gray
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2019
Re: Prospective CX-5 owner, first-time with a Mazda too
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2015, 09:49:00 pm »
My A4 Sport was black, my A4 S line was black and my A4 Black Edition... well, it's black.  ;)

I like the idea of getting more expensive paint for no premium... but if the Jet Black and Soul Red were both available, then I'd go with black, for sure.

I did also like Deep Crystal Blue in the flesh... almost black.

I still need to hear about these mirrors. I can wait until the deal is right, the Dealer might come under a tiny bit of pressure (hopefully, in a pleasant, respectful way).
Cheers, Hippo

Offline Hippogriff

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2015, 02:49:37 pm »
I have to come clean and relay to the forum that I popped back into Jeep over the weekend. Had another look at the Cherokee.

Yes, they're more expensive. Yes, I personally don't like the exterior styling as much (although my girlfriend does). But, also yes, it has a nice big digital speedo. in a really nice colour instrument cluster. Yes, it also has proper sans-key door opening (where you just put your hand behind the handle and you don't have to press a button). Yes, it looks of great interest and - finally - yes, it has a 0% APR approach, vs. Mazda's 5.9%. Cash is an alternative to remove that blocker, but why pay cash if 0% is an option in front of you?

I'm going to get them to run some figures... I've not even test driven one yet.
Cheers, Hippo

Offline oldcryptian

• Gloucester Man
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2015, 05:33:26 pm »
Frankly, this is all getting a little tedious.....

Offline twabrigs

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2015, 06:29:17 pm »
It does seem a little odd...

Hippogriff, you don't seem to know WHAT you want. The Jeep Cherokee is a totally different segment to the CX5. If money's no object go for the Evoque you mentioned in your first post. Providing it has an acceptable speedo of course.

Offline Caldean

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure....
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2015, 06:52:20 pm »
Be prepared to  lose a shed load in depreciation with the Jeep.

Offline Hippogriff

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2015, 06:59:13 pm »
Frankly, this is all getting a little tedious.....

Ha, don't read it - and certainly don't comment on it (you idiot) - if you can't be nice. Jealousy ain't attractive... what a dufus.
Cheers, Hippo

Offline Hippogriff

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2015, 07:03:53 pm »

Hippogriff, you don't seem to know WHAT you want. The Jeep Cherokee is a totally different segment to the CX5. If money's no object go for the Evoque you mentioned in your first post. Providing it has an acceptable speedo of course.

Why are there direct comparisons of the two on the Internet then? They're about the same size (within a few centimetres in all dimensions), they have AWD, they're 175ps and 200ps, they've both got similar features... yet, certainly not identical... and they're both going to be in the 30Ks.

So, what on earth do you mean?

Can the CX-5 only be compared to the Qashqai? Maybe because it looks good in that compare..?  :-X

Cherokee also has ventilated seats... a unique, possibly, in this segment.
Cheers, Hippo

Offline Hippogriff

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2015, 07:06:41 pm »
Be prepared to  lose a shed load in depreciation with the Jeep.

Thanks, but... if I cared deeply about that then I would probably go with the Q3 to be honest. I care about having a nice car and having fun.
Cheers, Hippo

Online Willpower

• East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Administrator
  • Watching events
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: SE-L
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2015, 08:10:08 pm »
> Hippogriff.

Would you please not reply in such a manner as you have to another of our members. He was voicing an opinion (to which he is entitled) regarding the rather prolonged selection process you are going through.  There is no need for name calling and your personal assessment of another members intelligence is not something we wish to share.

Lastly as he is an owner of a CX-5 (which you are currently not) I fail to see where the "jealousy" comment is of any value.

Please refrain from making further derogatory comments against other members of the community.

Thank you
Mazda CX-5 Admin Team

Offline twabrigs

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2015, 05:47:39 am »

Why are there direct comparisons of the two on the Internet then? They're about the same size (within a few centimetres in all dimensions), they have AWD, they're 175ps and 200ps, they've both got similar features... yet, certainly not identical... and they're both going to be in the 30Ks.

So, what on earth do you mean?

Can the CX-5 only be compared to the Qashqai? Maybe because it looks good in that compare..?  :-X

Cherokee also has ventilated seats... a unique, possibly, in this segment.

Well according to What Car the base Jeep is nearly £9000 more than the top CX5, is nearly a foot longer, 4 inches wider and higher, has a big growly 3.0 V6, is almost double the kerb weight, is slower, does less MPG, is a significantly higher insurance group, and has the kind of wallowy handling that CX5 drivers choose to avoid.

Other than those minor issues, very comparable, yes.

Look, buy what you like. People have tried to help you on here but I'm done.

Offline Spacebug

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2015, 10:50:44 am »
I've never heard anyone worry so much about the lack of a digital speedo! Buy a Nextbase dash cam from Halfords http://www.halfords.com/technology/dash-cams-parking-sensors/dash-cams/nextbase-incarcam-402g-professional it can be configured to show GPS speed and a compass + the additional benefit of making sure you are covered if someone causes an accident.

It's my first time with Mazda and I'm looking forward to getting my CX5 Sport Nav at the end of September. After quite a bit of research into SUVs, I did some 3 day long test drives in the RAV4, XTrail and CX5. I discounted the Q3 and BMW X1 early on as they were too small and the level of standard kit is incredibly poor by comparison. The XTrail is a good size and is quite nice inside but the engine is too weak.

I'm moving from a BMW 3 Series M Sport and have had BMWs for the last 8 years and I have to say I'm impressed at the standard kit and value for money of all the cars I test drove.

Finally, I have driven many Jeeps in the past and they are just terrible. The new versions may have improved but I'd still not go there.

I opted for Jet Black, stone leather and the safety kit. Anyone got any pictures of the facelift in jet black with stone leather... Never seen the combination on the road. Fingers crossed it works!

Offline Femgearhead

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2015, 02:28:12 pm »
Not a Mazda owner after all. New topic can be found here: http://mazdacx5forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=199.msg967#new
Do American cows not Moo? Or perhaps Moo with an american accent, Moo haa, yippidy ding dang moo etc

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2015, 02:28:12 pm »