Author Topic: Electronic hand break  (Read 12168 times)

Offline Dazza2012

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
Electronic hand break
« on: September 10, 2015, 10:19:57 am »
The only thing I wish Mazda had done with the hand break is that it auto comes on when I stop kicks in. I had a seat 7 seater for a week when my last Mazda was in for a repair. That did do it and liked it a lot. Never know they may do an update on this in time.

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Re: Electronic hand break
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 10:44:51 am »
My colleagues Golf Mk7 has this, I found it a bit strange to start with but then got to like it. Half expected to find it in the new CX5, but as both versions have the hill hold, it might be a bit superfluous anyway?

Alan

Offline skippa

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 07:47:15 am »
Oops! A bit late in seeing this thread - I would rather the handbrake was automatically applied when the engine is turned off at your destination (maybe even when i-stop kicks in). I had this on a Renault Scenic (06 reg) - it was really useful (obviously at that time it didn't have i-stop type facility).

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 10:07:14 am »
I suppose the issue could be that having it auto apply might leave you in a position where you'd get so used to it that you could possibly park up, it failed to apply and you walk away.. It's not fail-safe in that respect.

I must admit to having been nervous about the electronic brake anyway, as my first experience of it was on a Toyota Avensis. Not only is that one in a stupid place (under the dash) but it works opposite way round, i.e. you push it to apply. Totally counterintuitive. Plus, according to the manual, it wasn't guaranteed to work below -7° C...

Alan

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 10:07:14 am »