Author Topic: various inforamtion needed  (Read 14636 times)

Offline Negativepitch

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Aluminium Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2014
various inforamtion needed
« on: October 29, 2015, 11:54:47 am »
Sorry if parts of this are in the wrong section, but I wasnt sure whether to split them up or not, or just combine them.
If needed, please move.

Now I know a lot of pepeole only go on car  forums to mostly compalin about things which have gone wrong etc, but Thought I would ask anyway.
So we are hoping to buy the CX-5 petrol sport nav shortly.
I have a few other questions other than I have already asked.

I have read that there has been some rust issues with the paint work on some forums/owner reviews, thoughts/experiences on this.

Windscreens cracking, I know a good while ago when we were looking between the nissan QQ or the CX-5, I read a good few posts about windscreens cracking for no apparent reason, I read in the end it was due to the chassis being so rigid and the mounting used to stick the windscreen in.
I also read that there was a shortage of windscreens to sort this out.

Airvents, does anyone consider the vents to be in the right places, obviously depending on your height etc.
I have read a couple of owner reviews where they mention the vents are not that much good.

I aksed about the satnav at my local dealers, he said thet the satnave its self is by Mazda but the navigation is by tomtom.
How good is it.

Last thing which I forgot to ask on my three visits to my dealer, with the smart keyless entry, when the car is locked, can you go straight to the boot and unlock it, or do you have to unlock the doors first.

sorry to ask so much, I would just like to get others feed back.
Thanks for anyone taking their time to reply to any of the above
obviously any of the above is down to personnel preference.
We are also looking at the Honda CRV at the moment, the fact that it has rear vents is all be it, a very, very small point.
could be worse, I could be going for another QQ  ;D or was that in one of my nightmares even if it does have some nice kit.
MODS, if all of this needs do be split up, not a problem I can repost it.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:59:15 am by Negativepitch »
Nissan Qashqai not sat on my drive again.

Offline xtrailman

• From Worksop Great Britain.
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Re: various inforamtion needed
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 01:34:39 pm »
Sorry if parts of this are in the wrong section, but I wasnt sure whether to split them up or not, or just combine them.
If needed, please move.

Now I know a lot of pepeole only go on car  forums to mostly compalin about things which have gone wrong etc, but Thought I would ask anyway.
So we are hoping to buy the CX-5 petrol sport nav shortly.
I have a few other questions other than I have already asked.

I have read that there has been some rust issues with the paint work on some forums/owner reviews, thoughts/experiences on this.
That's something I haven't read about with a CX-5, only thing rusting on my car is the exhaust which is covered, I certainly don't think its made from a suitable SS. Also a tiny sign on one side of the rear sub frame, which took two minutes to cover with paint. But all the metalwork under my car I've painted.

Windscreens cracking, I know a good while ago when we were looking between the nissan QQ or the CX-5, I read a good few posts about windscreens cracking for no apparent reason, I read in the end it was due to the chassis being so rigid and the mounting used to stick the windscreen in.
I also read that there was a shortage of windscreens to sort this out.

I've read about windscreens cracking, but IMO its nothing to do with the rigid chassis, most modern cars have a rigid chassis.
A bonded screen also adds to the strength of the car. Cracks can start from the outer edges and travel along the screen.
Yes there was a shortage reported on forums and in the media, why I don't know, and I also don't know if that situation still exists.
I haven't had a cracked screen, last time I did was in a Audi A4 15 years ago. My CX-5 has had two small stone chips for over a year, but out of my vision.

Airvents, does anyone consider the vents to be in the right places, obviously depending on your height etc.
I have read a couple of owner reviews where they mention the vents are not that much good.

No problem with me or the wife but I'm only 5'5" and have the seat fully raised. I've not read about any problems either, other than the new car reflects the chrome at times in the screen.

I aksed about the satnav at my local dealers, he said thet the satnave its self is by Mazda but the navigation is by tomtom.
How good is it.
Navigation isn't TT on the update with the 7" screen.

Last thing which I forgot to ask on my three visits to my dealer, with the smart keyless entry, when the car is locked, can you go straight to the boot and unlock it, or do you have to unlock the doors first.

Yes you can unlock the boot provided you have the key nearby.
I love the keyless entry, I realised how much I missed when I had the misfortune to drive a 2114 Sportage for a week.

sorry to ask so much, I would just like to get others feed back.
Thanks for anyone taking their time to reply to any of the above
obviously any of the above is down to personnel preference.
We are also looking at the Honda CRV at the moment, the fact that it has rear vents is all be it, a very, very small point.
could be worse, I could be going for another QQ  ;D or was that in one of my nightmares even if it does have some nice kit.
MODS, if all of this needs do be split up, not a problem I can repost it.

Honda CRV is a nice car, I test drove the 2013 car twice with the 2.2 engine.
Its slightly better quality or was, but its more expensive. Also drove an X3, XC60, and bought the CX-5.

It doesn't quite handle as well, but was quieter, since then though the 2015 car has received more sound insulation.
I would buy the CRV 9 speed auto if I didn't tow, and do most of my driving on the motorway.

I didn't even bother to test drive the 1.6 CRV because I prefer more CC even if the power outputs are the same, the old 2.2 is near to the 1.6 that's replaced it.

Also have a drive of the Tucson, now that is a good car with the high powered diesel. Drove that before I ordered another CX-5.

Sorry if the blue is the wrong colour choice maybe red would have been better.
Was 2013 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Man 1663kg
Now 2015 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Auto 1703 kg.
 Towing a 1565kg Bailey Valencia 2011 model.

Offline Negativepitch

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 01:56:43 pm »
We sat in the Tucson yesterday funny enough, I like the grill, you sit a bit to low down in the car for me.
wasnt to keen on all the plastic on top of the dash.
A lot for your cash, as always, some nice readouts/dials.
Im not to sure on the reliability front, even with the 5 year warranty, Ive had enough my car being sat in the dealers.
Funny enough, my nissan dealer just rang to say our QQ is ready to pick up. so straight over to Mazda which is just across the road...literally, to get a part exchange price on it.
At least they will have washed it  ;D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:59:04 pm by Negativepitch »

Offline Caldean

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure....
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 08:10:46 pm »
We had a hyundai previously and increasingly hated it. At first sight it looked well screwed together and lots of toys. Actually living with it was another matter.  The build quality was not as good as we first thought. It had poor noise insulation, floaty steering and suspension, and bits gradually either came loose or scratched easily. The engine was OK,  reliable enough, but the electrics, lights, and general build quality was poor. Faults : off centre steering wheel, wheels misaligned, I stop that rarely worked, battery changed twice, misted headlights due to poorly sealed units, dreadful mpg around 30% less than quoted, pitted and rusted alloys after one year ownership from new, faulty parking sensors,  squeaking suspension, loose exhaust,and an absolutely dreadful dealer whose after sales service was hopeless. They tried their best to wriggle out of any warranty claim and charged a fortune for servicing. The beauty of Hyundai is skin deep, underneath it's not even worth their "competitive" price.

Love our cx5 and the dealer service has been top notch. Smart key is my favourite gadget along with the  Bose stereo and the adaptive lights. Economy for a petrol is pretty good too.

The CRV is good but a very common sight. I've only seen one facelift cx5 on my travels over the last six weeks. My pal has the CRV and likes it, but it is bigger, more thirsty, heavier , has a softer and wallowier  ride.  I noticed the depreciation forecast is quite substantial  compared to the Mazda.

I'm thinking I should start a thread on what we love about our cars.... forums can be so negative and the happy owners rarely post... they've nothing to moan about !!

Offline Willpower

• East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Administrator
  • Watching events
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Model Grade: SE-L
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 08:58:43 pm »
I'm thinking I should start a thread on what we love about our cars.... forums can be so negative and the happy owners rarely post... they've nothing to moan about !!

How true !

Offline xtrailman

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 09:05:20 pm »
Mazda CX-5 at the moment has a very very good residual value, higher than CRV and Kuga. I was very surprised at the trade in value I was given.

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 10:17:47 pm »
Mazda CX-5 at the moment has a very very good residual value, higher than CRV and Kuga. I was very surprised at the trade in value I was given.
True. I got over 50% of original value at trade in on my first one after 3 years/70k miles.

Alan

Offline Negativepitch

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 07:27:35 am »
We have twin girls, 11 years old, we are looking at buying a car that will last as a good few years down the line, five years at least, so we are looking at longevity really so depreciation isnt a problem, well..not as in a three year turn around.
Love the sporty look of the mazda, but then the honda has the practicality side...for the wife at least...the mother inlaw who has seen both likes the mazda  :D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 07:30:16 am by Negativepitch »

Offline xtrailman

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 07:34:37 am »
Honda has the biggest boot and might make a better family car, only two of use now along with a 5 year old grandson so we don't need any more space.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 07:34:37 am »