General Category > Consumer Reviews

My personal opinion......

(1/6) > >>

DC77:
Just thought I will give my personal honest opinion of my new petrol CX5 after just driving over 600 miles around the Yorkshire moors area.
Overall I really like it, comfy seats though my neck was starting to ache after a long journey, though I reckon that was more me than the car and the various adjustments available.
In total I have covered 1700 miles in it now and the petrol is fine where I live (the fens where it is totally flat) but it is a bit anaemic and did struggle a bit on a few of those slopes in the moors and had to use the gears a lot, which is what I was expecting, a more powerful petrol and 4x4 would be nice! (I don't do diesel) according to the trip computer I am averaging 40.7 mpg which I am happy with.
I roughly knew the route there anyway, but the sat nav kept trying to send on weird routes through the middle of nowhere and there was a couple of small towns in Yorkshire that didn't even exist according to it!
Personally I don't really like electronic handbrakes....too much faffing, likewise the keyless entry...I cant even walk away from the car and leave it unlocked.....just my opinion but these are gadgets for the sake of it. Only other slight bugbear is the lack of auto locking when driving off, but apart from those issues, lovely to drive, comfortable and seems well built.
I know other people will think differently, but as I said this is just my own personal and honest opinion.

Bert321:

--- Quote from: DC77 on September 16, 2016, 12:05:11 pm ---the keyless entry...I cant even walk away from the car and leave it unlocked
--- End quote ---

You can switch off the 'lock when I walk away a few feet' feature using the settngs menu.

DC77:

--- Quote from: Bert321 on September 16, 2016, 07:46:20 pm ---
--- Quote from: DC77 on September 16, 2016, 12:05:11 pm ---the keyless entry...I cant even walk away from the car and leave it unlocked
--- End quote ---

You can switch off the 'lock when I walk away a few feet' feature using the settngs menu.

--- End quote ---

Didn't realise that, thank you....teach me for not reading the manual thoroughly!

Bert321:
You're welcome mate, 'tis what forums are all about :)

shino:
Ive had My Mazda CX-5 for some six months now bought new a Sports Nav (275PS). Overall its a fine car but just a few quirks! Here they are for what my opinion is worth in respect of this car..
1/ Why doesn't it lock automatically when reaching a certain speed.....all my other cars including an Old Nissan Pathfinder did
2/Why dont the mirrors fold away when parking.??
3/ Why do you have to set the coming home lights when it knows when its Dark.....seems strange?
4/Why does the engine rev a little higher when starting...Ive had other diesel cars and this has never been the case
...As I say overall a fine car just seems to me one or two strange (and to be honest annoying) quirks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version