Author Topic: Mazda CX5 175 2013 - Sat Nav advice.  (Read 28568 times)

Offline Alex

• Retired and loving it. Every day is a Saturday!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Reflex Blue
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2017
Re: Mazda CX5 175 2013 - Sat Nav advice.
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 03:54:24 pm »
Just realised an advantage to the new Sat Nav. I am now in the Isle of Man with no Vodafone, and I cannot access Live Services or update them. Not to mention how much the annual charge is for these services.

You are right re no Vodafone on the I-O-M. Who cares, don't need it except TT week. Only queue I saw was the area taking me into centre of Douglas from the ferry terminal complex.

I spent a fantastic week there last September and took the Mazda, visited every corner loved the place to bits. From Castletown for the sunsets, to Point of Ayre for the seals, and Old Laxey for a cuppa on the sea wall. Only downer was the transport museum up at Jurby.

Alex.

If it wasn't for pick-pockets & frisking at airports, I'd have no sex life at all .................Rodney Dangerfield.

Offline Alex

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2016, 04:04:43 pm »
Hi Chaps,

I thought I would give you an update on progress so far.
1.Purchased an 8gb Class 10 SD Card.
2.Placed SD Card in car closed the slot, started engine. - This time I got a different message which said "No Maps Found"
3.Placed SD Card in PC - Noticed the loop file.
4.Downloaded TomTom Home - It recognised the card but had a different user email address.
5.Registered with TomTom.
6.Started TomTom Home again - Logged in with my new account and it asked me if I wanted to associate this account with Mazda NB1
7.Selected Yes - It gave me a long list of things to download - Top one was maps and navigation then it had voices Tom n Jane etc.
8.Downloaded all files.
9.Received a message to put SD in car, wait, remove, return to TomTom Home.

So it's all looking really positive.

Am I right in assuming that the maps are available without me needing to buy new ones?

Thanks again for walking me through this.

Pleased to read a success story.

So, does it actually work in the car as I get the impression you have reached the bit where they want some money? If so makes some sense as after all they wouldn't provide old out of date maps, and to get anything current will mean paying some money. Once you have been given access to maps they are there for ever but further payment will give you updates. I renew traffic every year but maps at the start of year 3. I had free maps for one year by way of "compensation" and let that expire for two years then shelled out on a one year update.

Alex.
If it wasn't for pick-pockets & frisking at airports, I'd have no sex life at all .................Rodney Dangerfield.

Offline MikeTB

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Zeal Red Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2016, 02:56:55 pm »
Forget it if you come to the Isle of Man. No Vodafone, so no Live Services from TomTom. I have a very expensive piece of useless SatNav.

Offline Alex

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2016, 08:06:16 pm »
Forget it if you come to the Isle of Man. No Vodafone, so no Live Services from TomTom. I have a very expensive piece of useless SatNav.

You should have been told when you looked at buying it. Was it new from a dealer? Or maybe used and "imported" from the mainland? Nevertheless they should have told you. I suppose the defence would be that Live Traffic is an add-on you'd need to have paid for.

Offline Zootoxin

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2016, 12:15:16 pm »
Hi Guys,

Well, good news I now have fully working Sat Nav in my car!! I did have to buy the maps but that's no problem.

Thank you all very much for your advice you saved me a lot of messing about with ebay sellers.

Offline xtrailman

• From Worksop Great Britain.
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2016, 01:02:22 pm »
IMO the tomtom is ok compared to the MZD system.

Good news that the TT is now working for you.
Was 2013 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Man 1663kg
Now 2015 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Auto 1703 kg.
 Towing a 1565kg Bailey Valencia 2011 model.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2016, 01:02:22 pm »