Author Topic: USB music  (Read 8133 times)

Offline dspencer12345

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Reflex Blue
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
USB music
« on: November 18, 2016, 04:16:17 pm »
I have a 64Gb USB3 stick with about 40Gb of music on it, and have two problems as follows;

1) The system seems to take forever to Index it (which it appears to do every time I start the car!), and sometimes it never makes it at all, even on a long journey. I end up using the "Folder" option most of the time, which I find very quick.
2) When it does successfully index my USB, if I select a specific Album, it won't necessarily be complete; e.g. a 15 track album will have just 3 songs! I've checked the ID3 tags, and they are exactly the same name in each of the 15 tracks on the stick. In one of the Albums that has the issue, I've even copied the Album name into each track to be sure. Could Gracenotes be recognising some of the tracks and changing the name? I forgot to mention that I have a naming convention of "Artist - Album name" in the Album Name tag e.g. "Queen - Greatest Hits II". Some appear to have defaulted back which is why I'm asking the question! The reasons I do this is so I can scroll down to a particular artist, and I'll see all of their albums together.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

USB music
« on: November 18, 2016, 04:16:17 pm »