Author Topic: Car ramps  (Read 7103 times)

Offline MuddyPaws

• I ASPIRE TO BE THE PERSON MY DOG THINKS I AM
  • Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2014
Car ramps
« on: December 20, 2018, 06:59:53 pm »
I’ve been looking around to try and find some car ramps for use with my CX-5. The welded metal frame type of ramp that you can find in Halfords, MachineMart, etc is what I mean.

The trouble is the size: I can’t find a ramp designed to take the 225 wide tyres on a CX-5 - the widest ramp I can find is only 210mm wide and even that specifies it is designed for tyres up to 195mm. I also discovered that the label on the Halfords set say that they are not suitable for 17” wheels, presumably due to the height of the end-stop and length of the top flat area.

So my question is; what make/model of car ramp do folks on this forum use to lift their CX-5 cars for home maintenance? .... or do I have to make my own wider/longer ramps?

Thanks

Offline Gus

• Body: SUV
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2018
Re: Car ramps
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 06:23:11 pm »
Not sure if I can post URL’s on here but try looking for this on eBay “2*Vehicle Car Ramp Lift 2 Ton Hydraulic Jack Garage Heavy Duty Red 1 Pair” they cost £91.

Offline MuddyPaws

• I ASPIRE TO BE THE PERSON MY DOG THINKS I AM
  • Body: SUV AWD
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 09:51:10 pm »
Thank you Gus. Perhaps a bit more complex, and more £ than a simple ramp, but it does have the distinct advantage of lifting higher. Definitely worth considering.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 09:51:10 pm »