Author Topic: Thoughts on the new CX  (Read 8179 times)

Offline Dave

• IT challenged.
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2018
Thoughts on the new CX
« on: March 26, 2019, 03:58:14 pm »
About a month in now and 2,000 miles on the clock so I've had time to assess my third CX, and the first one with the facelift.

I got the sports nav again with safety pack, 2WD 150 PS, same as the last two but this one has the adblu, which is a bit different.

I'm getting ~ 55 to the gallon, mostly dual carriageway and motorway driving, my commute is 50 miles a day. I'm very pleased with the ride, and the interior is an improvement on what I considered to be a very good cabin anyway.  This has the adaptive cruise control, and heads up screen display which I really like, the all round parking cameras are a great feature, more boot space, and the electric tail lift is a nice to have feature. The infotainment is the same as before, but now with apply play, which is OK but I wouldn't pay for it if not standard. However I suspect they've changed / improved the screen, my previous CX's weren't good in strong sunlight as glare would make the screen difficult to see but I believe they've sorted this now, the screen is sat above the dashboard and looks like a higher definition LCD type.

Storage is OK, seems to me the doorwells are a little shallower, but the central console box is bigger and better. Daughter is very pleased with the added USB in the back seat rest, and the two position recline.

Overall I'm very pleased I've stayed with the CX, the car suits my needs perfectly. If I had a criticism I'd suggest the auto parking feature would be good, and the infotainment could be better, especially the folder arrangement for music on a USB but these are minor niggles.

Offline Gel

• New to Mazda; enjoying my new CX-5
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2019
Re: Thoughts on the new CX
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 09:01:25 am »
I've just got my new CX-5 2.0L GT Sports Nav model, my first Mazda.
There's no doubt the build quality is superior to my late Qashqai, and I'm slowly getting to grips
with the technology.
Very impressed with the appearance, quality & features of my new purchase.

The Qashqai had the park assist feature, which to be frank I never used, except to try
out once!
Fortunately the current petrol models don't need AdBlue, but gather some manufacturers
are adding to their petrol models too, to meet emission regs.
The effectiveness of the SkyActiv technology presumably negates need.
First car manual I've had that's in colour, which is very helpful.

One bit of advice on the E Brake appreciated; on my last car, when the ignition switched
off, the car automatically applied the E Brake; that doesn't occur with the CX-5; is there a setting
to turn that on?
Also does it apply automatically when stop/start kicks in at traffic lights?

Thanks in advance.
Gerald
Thames Valley

Offline dunhill1984

• Colour: Snowflake White
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 11:25:37 pm »
Hi gel glad you are enjoying it.
Just to let you know ADBLUE is only ever used in diesel cars, never petrol!
I dont have a manual cx5 but an auto and the E brake has to be put manualy and no there is no setting to it turn on in settings.but it does turn it self off so thats somethng.stop/start- no it does not come on, keep foot on brake pedal unless you put in to neutral 1st then put e brake on.  hope this helped, you will soon get used to it.
living a stress free life near dona nook (nth somercotes) bombing range on lincs coast

Offline Gel

• New to Mazda; enjoying my new CX-5
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 08:34:06 am »
Thanks for that.
I was getting mixed up with Particulate Filters which some manufacturers are now
adding to petrol vehicles. Known as GPF's as opposed to diesel's DPF's.
Gerald
Thames Valley

Offline Anchorman

• Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 09:43:30 am »
I've just got my new CX-5 2.0L GT Sports Nav model, my first Mazda.
There's no doubt the build quality is superior to my late Qashqai, and I'm slowly getting to grips
with the technology.
Very impressed with the appearance, quality & features of my new purchase.

The Qashqai had the park assist feature, which to be frank I never used, except to try
out once!
Fortunately the current petrol models don't need AdBlue, but gather some manufacturers
are adding to their petrol models too, to meet emission regs.
The effectiveness of the SkyActiv technology presumably negates need.
First car manual I've had that's in colour, which is very helpful.

One bit of advice on the E Brake appreciated; on my last car, when the ignition switched
off, the car automatically applied the E Brake; that doesn't occur with the CX-5; is there a setting
to turn that on?
Also does it apply automatically when stop/start kicks in at traffic lights?

Thanks in advance.

It only applies automatically if you press the auto button by the parking brake switch.  That will also apply the parking brake automatically if you open a door or sit with applied too long etc.
Eagles may soar high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.......

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 09:43:30 am »