Author Topic: Dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree.  (Read 3935 times)

Offline rmh2967

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2014
Dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree.
« on: April 26, 2023, 09:27:00 pm »
Hi. I thinks I am ready to drive my CX-5 into a wall!
A couple of months ago I serviced my car including changing the fuel filter. Everything was fine up until this point. Changing the fuel filter means having to remove the battery. On putting everything back together I was very happy the job was done. Soon after, my dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree with nearly every possible light coming on. This included the TPMS inspection required, SCBS inspection required, the tyre pressure light, red triangle warning and traction control light. However when the ignition was switched off, the lights would go out when switched on again. Occasionally the engine management light would also come on.
I took it to a Mazda dealership who put it on their diagnostic machine but couldn’t find any faults as, Sod’s Law, the lights didn’t come on when I took it there. I have looked on YouTube and found a very promising video where someone had the same problem. Their diagnosis was a faulty exhaust pressure sensor and DPF sensor, which I duly bought and installed today. I have also taken out and cleaned the MAP sensor which was totally choked up with hard soot ( mine is a 2.2 diesel 2014).
I thought my problems were solved, but no. I took it out today after fitting the new DPF sensor and once I put the accelerator down to give it some welly, the lights came on again!
I really have reached the end of my tether and run out of ideas. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you solve it? I’m losing sleep with the frustration this has caused me.

Offline Goat Eyes

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
Re: Dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 09:28:22 pm »
Hi, did you ever resolve this. I get the SCBS light, tyre pressure etc. the same.

But now it’s got a distinct lack of power, it doesn’t rev over 3000rpm, drives flat and has no turbo and can bellow out loads of white smoke if I put my foot down.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

Re: Dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 09:28:22 pm »