Author Topic: Blackout on infotainment and rear camera  (Read 4780 times)

Offline Clarice

• Shoot first ask afterwards..fewer questions
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2022
Blackout on infotainment and rear camera
« on: June 13, 2023, 12:47:00 pm »
Travelled up to Selkirk in Bussy our CX-5 2.0 Auto to spend 9 days in Scottieland for pleasure and relaxation, have to say she’s a comfortable girl to travel long distance. Been in the Borders for around 6 days when on reversing——No Camera, then no infotainment either. Wife was somewhat upset as she is only a year old. ME ? Mechanic head on, decided this was a fuse issue. Pulled up and removed the fuse box cover, Gordon Bennett, fuses and relay boxes galore with the legend under the cover giving no hint as to what was covering what, the method used was press lightly on each fuse and relay in which bingo the camera and infotainment all returned. Contacted our local garage to get it checked whereby a fuse was found to be a bit far depressed. My surmising was electrical resistance that I dislodged when checking the fuses. Other than that 1400 miles covered in the week where much exploring was done with Sunshine in play all the time we were there, unusual for Scotland but very welcome instead of the usual old wet weather up there.a

Offline Clarice

• Shoot first ask afterwards..fewer questions
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2022
Re: Blackout on infotainment and rear camera
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 02:14:59 pm »
Well here we are again where we were about to go to Warwick, Sat Nav when operated just came up with ‘Unexpected error, the system is experiencing a problem. Tried a number of times with negative result, all other features were working okay. Previous inputs to the SatNav came back up with no problem. Taking her to Lodge for a hitch up to the computer to see if the problem can be traced and rectified. Let you know if anything found.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

Re: Blackout on infotainment and rear camera
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 02:14:59 pm »