Author Topic: Parking dint found  (Read 11439 times)

Offline dunhill1984

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Snowflake White
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Parking dint found
« on: January 23, 2019, 02:29:49 pm »
  :'( FOUND  A DINT(CREASE) on near side above rear wheel arch(2 INCH LONG 1MM WIDE/left a grey mark) where some one must have banged door in to my 4 mth old car. question is DO I GET IT FIXED NOW OR PUT UP WITH IT(its on pcp finance) and get reduced trade in price. how much will it cost to fix?
living a stress free life near dona nook (nth somercotes) bombing range on lincs coast

Offline aljshep

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2017
Re: Parking dint found
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 04:28:08 pm »
Our local dent removal man charges £60 for a dent removal plus a bit more if it needs minor painting.  A further £200 if he has to paint a full panel.  All plus VAT of course.  Same thing happened to us with a 6 month old Mazda.

Offline twabrigs

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 04:29:36 pm »
Your decision as to whether to get it fixed. Might not be too expensive as aljshep says. Try your local chipsaway or similar for a quote

Offline dunhill1984

• Colour: Snowflake White
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 06:30:05 pm »
Thanks for the advice,i will see whos local.
living a stress free life near dona nook (nth somercotes) bombing range on lincs coast

Offline Anchorman

• Year: 2018
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 07:52:13 am »
Go to a local bodyshop. Some of these chips away smart repairs are dreadful.
Eagles may soar high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.......

Offline twabrigs

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 09:50:17 pm »
our local chipsaway guy IS a local bodyshop...

steve101

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 11:37:32 am »
Personally, I wouldn't bother. Chances are you will get more car park damage in three years. There are too many idiots about who don't give a toss about others and the car park spaces are ridiculously narrow. Get them all done just before you trade it in. My last car had damage to all four doors. It reduced the trade in by £300.00. I was quoted a lot more to have them fixed by a dent repair company.

I once parked my fairly new car (a Nissan Primera) in an empty supermarket car park. Sitting there waiting for my wife to return, an old banger of a volvo 240 estate parked right next to me, driver's door to driver's door. The quite rotund female had left a gap of about 12 inches to get out of her car when it was obvious she needed a yard. I moved to another bay before she opened her door.

Offline Anchorman

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 09:01:55 am »
Personally, I wouldn't bother. Chances are you will get more car park damage in three years. There are too many idiots about who don't give a toss about others and the car park spaces are ridiculously narrow. Get them all done just before you trade it in. My last car had damage to all four doors. It reduced the trade in by £300.00. I was quoted a lot more to have them fixed by a dent repair company.

I once parked my fairly new car (a Nissan Primera) in an empty supermarket car park. Sitting there waiting for my wife to return, an old banger of a volvo 240 estate parked right next to me, driver's door to driver's door. The quite rotund female had left a gap of about 12 inches to get out of her car when it was obvious she needed a yard. I moved to another bay before she opened her door.

Happens all the time but there must be a homing instinct with these arseholes because if you park at the most remote end of the biggest car park you always return to find a beat up old nail either side.  I doubt I could live with it - I’d have to start the laborious process of getting it fixed to a standard that doesn’t shout at me every time I walked past. Luckily I have a good paint man on my doorstep but there wouldn’t be much change out of £200 for a dent like that.

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 09:47:36 am »

Happens all the time but there must be a homing instinct with these arseholes because if you park at the most remote end of the biggest car park you always return to find a beat up old nail either side.

Now isn't that a fact. We more often than not park at the furthest parking space away from the store entrance on the principal that most people don't like having too far to walk. Nine times out of ten there is not another parked car within 100m of us but sure enough, upon our return, there's a car parked either side.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 10:59:47 pm »
I thought it was only me it happened to, obviously not. I once parked in a pub car park which wasn't very busy, in the furthest corner, went in the pub, realised I'd forgot something, came out and an MPV had parked next to me and they were struggling to get their child out of the child seat due to their proximity to my vehicle. As we were the only two cars in the whole car park I reasonably pointed out that they could have parked anywhere else in the car park as it was empty to make their life easier. I was then subjected to a torrent of abuse in front of their child that "We can ffing do what we effing like etc, etc, etc, blah blah). Ho, hum.....
The internet is a huge dumpster. You have to look hard to find anything useful.

Offline Anchorman

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 04:53:33 pm »
Aye, the child doesn’t stand a chance Jonno.  There should be a code of practice in car parks - park in every other space and only when there are no more, fill in the gaps.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 04:53:33 pm »