Author Topic: power window motor running while mirror not moving.  (Read 5476 times)

Offline Keith

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
power window motor running while mirror not moving.
« on: October 12, 2022, 04:55:11 pm »
Hi,
    Folded my mirrors the other day and ever since then the left motor sounds like it is running in the background.
The folding feature not does not work, might have been the wife pulling the wing mirror slightly in?
Is there any replacement internal parts you can get as I am struggling to get any sense out of Mazda apart from you need a whole new wing mirror for a gazillion pounds.
I have now disconnected the wiring to it to stop it.
The heated mirror and mirror adjustment works still, although not now I have unplugged it.
Any one had the same issue and resolved it at a reasonable price.
Seen Chinese made compatible wing mirrors for about £90 delivered?
Regards,
                Keith.

Offline Cxhammer

• Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2017
Re: power window motor running while mirror not moving.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2023, 06:44:44 pm »
Got the same problem. To stop motor running had to remove inner panel to disconnect wiring. Tried the mirror fuse in block in footwear but had no effect on door mirror operation. Next disconnected wiring from mirror switch in drivers door but although this stopped the motor it stopped the drivers window from operating correctly. Lost auto open/close function and would only cluse with repeated operation of the switch, all other windows worked as normal, strange.
Has anyone tried these Chinese mirrors?

Offline RAB2000

• Colour: Sky Blue Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023, 02:15:29 pm »
Hi

I had the same on our 2012 year CX-5 probably around 3 years ago now.  In the end I managed to remove the entire door mirror and take it apart and remove the little motor.  If I recall the plastic gear on the motor had stripped so ultimately down to poor quality as a metal item would have lasted forever.  It means our car's mirror doesn't fold on the passenger side but does still function for mirror adjustment.  Wasn't worth the cost of a Mazda replacement part but I think there are copy versions available for a lot less so would love to hear if anyone's had any access with those.  I suspect you may still need to transfer over the coloured outer covering.  I seem to recall the outer covering was not that easy to remove.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023, 02:15:29 pm »