Author Topic: TomTom Sat Nav  (Read 10564 times)

Offline oldcryptian

• Gloucester Man
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2017
TomTom Sat Nav
« on: June 27, 2015, 09:47:11 am »
Anyone know how to confirm that the contents of an updated SD card have been copied onto the system in the car?  The reason I ask is that once I reinsert the card (updated via TomTom home) in the slot in the car and turn the ignition either fully on or to the accessory setting, the screen does not show the system update progress bar illustrated in the handbook (ie the egg timer).  The satnav screen eventually appears after around a minute and it appears to function correctly but I am unsure whether that is with, or without, the updates.  And is it ever necessary to copy any files from the "Manage Mazda Navigation System Install items from computer" in TomTom home onto the card?  Looking at the files on the computer they appear to be older than current ones loaded on the card which is logical since they come from a back-up of the card.....

Offline MikeTB

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Zeal Red Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Year: 2013
Re: TomTom Sat Nav
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 01:01:42 am »
I seem to remember seeing an updating indication originally, but now as you say there is just a short delay and it comes on. I think one of the updates changed things.
One obvious change from the original is the 3D imaging at major junctions.
Still not a friendly system. Trying to set a destination is hit and miss. Couldn't get it to find Gatwick Airport!

Offline oldcryptian

• Gloucester Man
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 12:47:42 pm »
Mike, many thanks for your reply.  I wonder then if a software upgrade carried out in March changed everything.....Must say we have had no problems with the satnav as yet, we use it extensively in Spain and touch wood, it has guided us quickly and accurately to where we wanted to go.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 12:47:42 pm »