Author Topic: Mazda Toolbox not seeing the SD Card on Windows 7 laptop  (Read 16307 times)

Offline m1wle

• Be kind to someone today, tomorrow maybe too late
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Mazda Toolbox not seeing the SD Card on Windows 7 laptop
« on: August 20, 2015, 12:01:46 pm »
Hi, took delivery of my CX-5 yesterday and still getting to know it. Have created an account on the Mazda navigation website and installed the Mazda Toolbox software on my laptop. When I plug the navigation SD card from the CX-5 into my laptop, I can see it with explorer and view the contents of files in the folders, but the Mazda Toolbox software takes absolutely no notice of it whatsoever !!!   Any ideas anyone what I can do to get this working ?
miwle

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
Re: Mazda Toolbox not seeing the SD Card on Windows 7 laptop
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 12:08:43 pm »
I've got win7 on two PC's (home with win7 home premium 64 bit SP1; work with win7 pro 64 bit, can't remember which SP but it's up to date), toolbox on both and can see it OK. However, my work PC does seem a bit inconsistent, but that seems to be the USB card reader rather than the PC itself.

Alan

Offline m1wle

• Be kind to someone today, tomorrow maybe too late
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 06:25:35 pm »
At last have found the problem - My company firewall !!!!  :-(    The Mazda Toolkit software wants to connect to its server before it looks for the SD card !! In my case it couldn't get past the firewall so never got round to looking for the SD card.  Found this by firing up the toolkit from home outside of the firewall.   I took delivery of my new facelift CX-5 19th August and you wouldn't believe the volume of updates I am getting for the SD card - map updates software updates, all sorts of files.  it is for the whole of Europe though..........  It is taking forever. Will post again if it doesn't work anymore when I plug it back into the car.
miwle

Offline Willpower

• East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Administrator
  • Watching events
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 09:39:27 pm »
LOL.   That's what you get by being cheeky and using company internet.   ;D ;D ;D

Offline Fangface

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Transmission: Manual
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 08:16:59 am »
At last have found the problem - My company firewall !!!!  :-(    The Mazda Toolkit software wants to connect to its server before it looks for the SD card !! In my case it couldn't get past the firewall so never got round to looking for the SD card.  Found this by firing up the toolkit from home outside of the firewall.   I took delivery of my new facelift CX-5 19th August and you wouldn't believe the volume of updates I am getting for the SD card - map updates software updates, all sorts of files.  it is for the whole of Europe though..........  It is taking forever. Will post again if it doesn't work anymore when I plug it back into the car.

Each time I have updated it has downloaded around 2.5 gig of data - thank goodness we got fibre broadband last year as on my old connection that would have taken days.  Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an option to turn off certain areas - I am really not bothered about having every point of interest in Ukraine etc.

The UK maps don't seem that up to date, there is a local road in Inverness that was completed around 4 years ago that still is not shown on the latest version, I thought it would have at least been up to date with 2011 changes.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 08:16:59 am »