Author Topic: Facelift Bluetooth fails to read list of files  (Read 13458 times)

Offline MIP

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
Facelift Bluetooth fails to read list of files
« on: September 22, 2015, 02:36:13 pm »
Hey folks,

Just picked up my facelift CX-5

Bluetooth audio plays ok on shuffle but doesn't display a list of files when I select the view root option.

I get "unable to browse the connected device"

My music files are on an SD card not on the phone

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Offline Deepjoy22

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Transmission: Automatic
Re: Facelift Bluetooth fails to read list of files
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 02:45:24 pm »
Hi.  Looks like you have the same model as me.  I didn't think there was an SD card reader except the one which is for the Navigation only.  I had an SD reader in my old car (Skoda) but had to move it onto a USB stick for the Mazda.  Works fine from that.

Offline MIP

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 03:03:30 pm »
Hi.  Looks like you have the same model as me.  I didn't think there was an SD card reader except the one which is for the Navigation only.  I had an SD reader in my old car (Skoda) but had to move it onto a USB stick for the Mazda.  Works fine from that.

I meant the micro SD card in the phone....

My old car had SD as well.

I was hoping to not use a USB so I could have 2 phones connected.

I can play from the phone by controlling it from there.

It would be nicer if I could use the nav system as the controller

Offline Deepjoy22

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Transmission: Automatic
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 06:57:00 pm »
Ah - my misunderstanding.

I've an S6 so not able to add an SD card.  I've just checked and I can get to the root and see all the files from the screen in the car that are on the phone; grouped by Album or Artist or All.

Seems to play them OK but I've noticed that it doesn't show up the track being played on the screen - that still seems to show the last item played on the USB stick.  Odd - maybe another software bug.

Your theory on the music being on the SD card could be right.  You might be able to prove this by moving a couple of items to the main phone - just a thought.

Offline MIP

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 08:11:51 am »

I've an S6 so not able to add an SD card.  I've just checked and I can get to the root and see all the files from the screen in the car that are on the phone; grouped by Album or Artist or All.

Seems to play them OK but I've noticed that it doesn't show up the track being played on the screen - that still seems to show the last item played on the USB stick.  Odd - maybe another software bug.

Your theory on the music being on the SD card could be right.  You might be able to prove this by moving a couple of items to the main phone - just a thought.

I will have a play and see what happens, but I think it is a phone model issue...

Offline Fangface

• Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 02:46:32 pm »

I will have a play and see what happens, but I think it is a phone model issue...

I have all my music on a 64gb usb drive but also have a limited number of albums on my phone - the ones I am listening too most at present.  I had them on the micro sd card in the phone and have only been able to play whatever album I was listening too last on the phone.  I thought this was a general limitation for the bluetooth audio but after reading this thread I tried moving the music folder to the phones internal memory but the exact same thing is happening and I cannot browse any other album.  I am using a LG G3 android phone - I wonder if certain android phones work better such as Samsung.  I am due to get the new entertainment system firmware from the dealer in a few weeks so will try it again once the new software is in the car.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 03:10:55 pm by Willpower »

Offline MIP

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 11:44:36 pm »

I have all my music on a 64gb usb drive but also have a limited number of albums on my phone - the ones I am listening too most at present.  I had them on the micro sd card in the phone and have only been able to play whatever album I was listening too last on the phone.  I thought this was a general limitation for the bluetooth audio but after reading this thread I tried moving the music folder to the phones internal memory but the exact same thing is happening and I cannot browse any other album.  I am using a LG G3 android phone - I wonder if certain android phones work better such as Samsung.  I am due to get the new entertainment system firmware from the dealer in a few weeks so will try it again once the new software is in the car.

The first couple of times I tried it, it didn't work.

Since then it appears to be working ok..

I think unlocking the phone while connected appears to work.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 11:44:36 pm »