Author Topic: SD card fault?  (Read 10019 times)

Offline BigAl

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
SD card fault?
« on: November 04, 2015, 09:08:30 pm »
Posted this in another thread, but have repeated it here as it wasn't a one off.

And, even more of an oddity, this morning whilst negotiating the Staples Corner roundabout on the North Circular, I became aware of a strange voice. It was a brief message, in a womans voice saying "please check the SD card" repeatedly, coming from a small tinny speaker which sounds like it's in the base of the centre console somewhere. Would she shut up? Would she bo***cks! She carried on for the next twenty minutes, despite pulling out the SD card, rebooting the system and attempting anything else we could think of whilst driving. Only finally stopping and turning everything off eventually stopped it. Fortunately, I was able to call the dealer whilst this was happening and let him listen over the phone, otherwise I suspect he wouldn't have believed me!

It happened twice today, first time on the M1 near Luton. As I was going to Dagenham, I had the pleasure of listening to it for about an hour and a half. Perhaps worth mentioning that the message repeats every five seconds!  >:( Then it happened again on the way back, but I was able to stop it by stopping at MK. Switching the car off and on again does stop it. Dealer is still awaiting a reply from Mazda on this one as it has everyone puzzled.

Alan

Offline BigAl

Re: SD card fault?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 10:36:09 am »
Embarrassing or what?!!!  :-[ :-[ :-[

Dealer said they'd swap the SD card reader for another one to see if that cured the problem. It's still puzzling everyone as no-one at Mazda knows anything about a speaker in the reader or in that location, which is where the sound appears to be coming from. Several people have said that that's what they heard. Long story short, it's nothing to do with the car, it's the Blackvue dashcam. I'd googled the message plus Mazda and got nothing. Googling the message plus Blackvue get lots of hits - it happens when the microSD needs a re-format, which is recommended quite frequently as it records on a rolling loop so this effectively defragments it as well. The dashcam is mounted under the top mirror, the screen must be deflecting the sound down off the windscreen, making it sound as it's lower down  :o

The only saving grace is that they've still got the wi-fi hotspot and BSM issues to look at...

Alan

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 10:44:29 am »
LMAO  ;D
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline twabrigs

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 12:03:27 pm »
That is quite amusing! Presumably you've got hours of dashcam audio of you saying 'where the hell is that damn voice coming from?!"

Offline BigAl

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 08:06:09 pm »
Fortunately not. Having checked the card in the PC with the supplied software, it turned out that it hadn't recorded anything for about 7 weeks. That was about the time that the message started... Then found that the card wouldn't format, so it looks like it's faulty -which explains the message in the first place!

Alan

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 08:06:09 pm »