Author Topic: Hit and Run  (Read 10741 times)

Offline kroma

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
Hit and Run
« on: October 16, 2016, 06:29:38 pm »
It was going far too well.

I was hit from behind yesterday.  We assume the driver was speeding and wasn't looking where he was going (we'd entered the 30mph road safely 7-10 seconds before).  The offender slowed down after the collision but then kept going and disappeared.  We *think* we got the number plate correctly.  I'm absolutely gutted but there are no injuries thankfully. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-yez2bonZW4ZWFzNTB3VXI4NjQ

Hopefully it'll be repairable and I'm hoping that nothing structural has been affected.  The hatch seems to be ok although the plastic sill has been pushed up flush against it so I daren't try to access the boot.

Kroma

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Re: Hit and Run
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 07:45:01 pm »
I feel your pain. Could just be me of course, heavily influenced by now being of senior years, but I'm of the impression that driving standards have really plummeted over recent times. There was also a time when people would go overboard with being apologetic, so much so that insurance companies were obliged to enter 'do not admit liability' into their policies. Now though, the culprit driving on as if nothing had happened, appears to be all the fashion.
Hope all works out well regarding the insurance and repairs etc and that they catch the offender and throw the book at him/her.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline ROCKETRON

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 09:49:02 am »
Looks like all damage is only on the plastic bumper and not the actual metalwork body. New bumper should sort it.

Offline rmvf

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2020
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 03:41:10 pm »
I really do hope you get sorted quickly and the other person gets what they are due, please keep the forum updated as I can see loads of folk are interested. As already stated let's hope it just a new bumper. This has just reminded me I was following a car this morning that had both front and rear cameras fitted. I can see how valuable these are as I'm sure we all think it will never happen to me. Seeing how the idiots drive round me at times  one thing I do do is always leave a bigger gap when pulling up at roundabout etc just in case.
2012 sport nav in pearl white
2016 sport nav in sonic silver
2018 sport nav in mica blue
2020 sport nav in sonic silver
2022 sport black in machine grey

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 03:41:10 pm »