Author Topic: New Tyres  (Read 11452 times)

Offline RichardCX5

• New CX5 Owner Feb 2016
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2014
New Tyres
« on: March 18, 2017, 10:14:46 am »
My Toyos (presumably the originals from 2014 but I not verified) were down to around 2mm at 45k miles so yesterday I had four new tyres fitted. I spent a while shopping around and finally decided to go for the Goodyear EfficientGrip SUV (225/55R19 99V). Same C/C ratings as the R36s but by far the best rated tyres in this size for noise - 67dB (vs 69 for the Toyo).

They are MUCH quieter than the Toyos at all speeds - yesterday driving to work I noticed that I can now hear the turbo spooling up! :D

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/goodyear-efficientgrip-suv-225-55-r19-99-v#135646574
I paid £130 per tyre with a £25 Amazon voucher thrown in so not a cheap experience!

Versatuner 175bhp map, H&R Wheel Spacers, Red Ambient Lighting, Sony XAV-AX100, Upgraded speakers, Leather Handbrake/Gearlever Gaiters + Armrest, Red Door Piping LED Interior/Exterior Lighting, Exhaust Tips...and about 50kg of sound deadening!

Offline Bert321

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2017
Re: New Tyres
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 08:58:22 am »
My Toyos (presumably the originals from 2014 but I not verified) were down to around 2mm at 45k miles so yesterday I had four new tyres fitted. I spent a while shopping around and finally decided to go for the Goodyear EfficientGrip SUV (225/55R19 99V). Same C/C ratings as the R36s but by far the best rated tyres in this size for noise - 67dB (vs 69 for the Toyo).

They are MUCH quieter than the Toyos at all speeds - yesterday driving to work I noticed that I can now hear the turbo spooling up! :D

That's a great advert for the Goodyears, and I liked the EfficientGrips I had on my last car too.  Bear in mind tho, that new tyres will (or should?) be quieter than old worn ones.  I wonder if you'd still have noticed a big difference of you had fitted new Toyos instead?

Offline twabrigs

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 03:57:46 pm »
I had the efficient grips on my previous car, a CRV, and was also happy with them. Marginally improved MPG over whatever my previous tyres were as well plus decent grip in the wet

Offline RichardCX5

• New CX5 Owner Feb 2016
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 09:17:28 pm »
That's a great advert for the Goodyears, and I liked the EfficientGrips I had on my last car too.  Bear in mind tho, that new tyres will (or should?) be quieter than old worn ones.  I wonder if you'd still have noticed a big difference of you had fitted new Toyos instead?

It's certainly possible, I think tyres do get noisier as the wear/get older - I figured that on the ratings alone the Goodyears should be quieter.

I had the efficient grips on my previous car, a CRV, and was also happy with them. Marginally improved MPG over whatever my previous tyres were as well plus decent grip in the wet

My average MPG gauge (over roughly 5k) has already gone up from 44 to 44.2 over the past few days!
Versatuner 175bhp map, H&R Wheel Spacers, Red Ambient Lighting, Sony XAV-AX100, Upgraded speakers, Leather Handbrake/Gearlever Gaiters + Armrest, Red Door Piping LED Interior/Exterior Lighting, Exhaust Tips...and about 50kg of sound deadening!

Offline FireDiamondUK

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Zeal Red Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 09:47:23 am »
This is what my car has on the back, the garage i bought the car from fitted some horrid budgets to the front. Once i have burnt through those i will be fitting these to the front as well i think.

Also have Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy's fitted to my Audi TT. I find Goodyear an excellent all round tyre at a reasonable price

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 09:47:23 am »