Author Topic: Mazda Assistance  (Read 12276 times)

Offline kiakid2

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2017
Mazda Assistance
« on: June 13, 2017, 01:48:14 pm »
Mazda European Assistance works well in getting you off the road in the event of a breakdown but if you are in Europe the chances of getting back on the road quickly seem to be slim in France.
My almost new 2017 CX5 that I bought 23rd May has been out of action since 5th June - 9 days so far waiting for parts – now these are not what I would call difficult to obtain considering since 2012 this model has been available and are consumables items, namely replacement  rear Disc and seal kit! To make thing worse Mazda France are aware of the potential rear disc brake intermittent seizure problem so stock levels in my opinion should have been maintained.
Why are they unavailable in Europe but available in UK? It seems there no joined up approach to get my car back on the road by Mazda Assistance and it seems that it was only when I checked availability myself and got Mazda Customer service involved that things are happening . I could have returned on the train to UK and brought the parts back myself quicker than Mazda France. Forecast date is now another 48hours till I get the car back.   
The moral to story is don’t just rely on Mazda Assistance who are a third party to get your car back on the road quickly – check availability of parts yourself and involve Mazda Customer Services

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Re: Mazda Assistance
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 02:46:16 pm »
The obvious question from me is did Mazda offer you a replacement car as they should have done and if not, did you ask for one? There are obviously far more members in the German forum than on here and I have yet to read of an instance where the car was detained in a workshop without a replacement vehicle being offered.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline kiakid2

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 02:12:24 pm »
Yes I asked for a car - a run around while we are stuck here so I am hoping to collect my car and return the hire car tonight. Chances of getting a like for like with towbar and all the insurance problems that go with I think are slim!

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 03:37:57 pm »
OK, thanks for the update. I contacted Mazda a while back with the 'what if' question scenario and was advised that a replacement vehicle would be made available although they couldn't guarantee that the replacement would be fitted with a towbar. This is very much in line with what you have stated.

This obviously leaves open the question of whether or not a better option would be to contact the ADAC of which I am a member. in the event of an incident occurring,  who at least guarantee onward travel to ones destination including the caravan leaving Mazda to sort out the problem with the car. Hopefully I will never need to put the theory into practice.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 03:37:57 pm »