Author Topic: Oil pressure warning  (Read 14065 times)

Offline BigAl

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Oil pressure warning
« on: July 14, 2017, 10:54:14 pm »
Had the oil pressure warning light appear last night. Having had that previously, I wasn't overly concerned as that light is also used to indicate poor oil quality, i.e. Oil dilution from DPF flushback. Let the engine cool down and checked the level - it was about 5mm above the maximum mark but still well below the X mark. Light was still on today but it was driving OK. I think it's ridiculous that the one warning light indicates two different things! As it happens, it's already booked in Monday for firmware update, so they can now check this as well (plus the istop, the recalled gas struts, the stuttering door solenoid...)

When this happened previously, it was about 100 miles from home and it came back on a truck. The strange thing is that these two events both happened on the same date, July 13th, one year apart!!!

Can that just be coincidental?

Alan

Offline BigAl

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Re: Oil pressure warning
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 09:44:43 pm »
Problem sorted, and it does appear to be coincidental. Issue caused by a missing update to the ECU software; that's been done plus the main software update (plus tailgate struts replaced). Sounds a bit like solving the problem by removing the bulb to me, but I'll have to trust them on that!

Alan

Mazda CX-5 Forums

Re: Oil pressure warning
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 09:44:43 pm »