Technical Section > Heating & Ventilation

Airco CX-5 KF

(1/3) > >>

p38cyq:
I seem to have a problem with my 2017 CX-5's A/C.
Engine is 2.5L petrol, so certainly not aneaemic.

With the temperatures rising since some months here on the continent (probably on your isle as well) it appears that the A/C does not cope very well with higher temperatures.

Up to 28°C, and setting the auto position at 23 °C, the A/C performs well and the cockpit stays cool enough.

As from 30 °C the auto position cannot follow anymore, and must be adjusted to 20°C.

If the outside temp goes higher (the last week 32°C, this week 35°C) the A/C does not follow anymore and is just underpowered (fans do blow at a high rate but cannot cool the interior to below 28°C (measured with a testo 925), even with the auto-setting at 16°C.
(mode goes out of ECO, blowers hight etc.)

Is this normal?

Anybody know about the specs of the A/C, that is, what is the possible inside temp against outside temp?

Anchorman:
I had a rental and took it to Key West, Florida where the temperature and humidity were very high. It worked absolutely fine so the system is capable. Try turning it off at the off button and then turn it on again by pressing the auto button.  Set it to its lowest temperature and make sure the dual control shows the temperature on both sides is the same.

If that works, the system is capable and we need to look at your settings.

p38cyq:
I just did what you suggested. A/C off en then on again via the auto button.
Outside temp is 31°C, A/C set at 16°C both sides, system works but cannot cool the inside effectively.

Anchorman:
I would suggest it’s worth re gassing. It should still blow cold at the vents as you’ve tested it.

twabrigs:
I never use an Auto setting on aircon in any car; does it work better on manual?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version