Author Topic: Does my CX5 have an egr valve?  (Read 7837 times)

Offline Leoemily14

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2019
Does my CX5 have an egr valve?
« on: July 04, 2021, 08:15:18 pm »
Hi guys.

So still having problems with my car stuttering in low revs and after a lot of research I thought it sounded like a blocked egr valve. I have already cleaned the MAP sensor and it was caked in black carbon but I’m still getting all the symptoms of a blocked egr valve. My question is, does my car have an egr valve? I was on Reddit and someone had posted asking about an egr valve and a few people were saying that the skyactiv models don’t have an egr valve, is this true? Also, I heard there was a huge recall on CX-5’s about carbon deposit build up that blocks the intake manifold, could this be why I’m getting stuttering and juddering at low revs? I went onto the government website, put in Mazda cx5 and that is was a 2014 model and it said I had 6 recalls!!. I found another site that took my vin number and it said I had no recalls. Could someone please offer me some advice or help on this. I’ve posted on the forum a couple of times regarding this and I get no replies.

Thanks guys

Offline jonnybump

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2014
Re: Does my CX5 have an egr valve?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 04:57:22 pm »
Here's a link to a YouTube video of someone stripping down the EGR system of a CX5 https://youtu.be/7yaNcfwv2js

Offline Huxie

• Colour: Sky Blue Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2012
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 05:49:34 pm »
snip…. I went onto the government website, put in Mazda cx5 and that is was a 2014 model and it said I had 6 recalls!!. I found another site that took my vin number and it said I had no recalls. Could someone please offer me some advice or help on this. I’ve posted on the forum a couple of times regarding this and I get no replies.

Thanks guys

Input your registration number on the Gov MOT site then scroll down and check for outstanding recalls:

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 05:49:34 pm »