Author Topic: Adblue Experience So Far  (Read 20574 times)

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2019
Adblue Experience So Far
« on: January 23, 2019, 04:27:47 pm »
Not sure where to put this so hope ok here Will? 3,110 miles travelled so far in my June 2018 built CX5 (delivered September 2018) and the Adblue reserve just turned 90% and renew in10,500 miles. Derby Mazda dealer said replenish Adblue at 80% and gave me a table of percentages and refill amounts. When I can find it I'll transcribe and update this post. Table as follows:
       %                                Reference Replenishment Amount
100-85                               Replenishment unnecessary
80-70                                 About 4 litres
65-60                                 About 5 litres
55-50                                 About 6 litres
45-35                                 About 7 litres
30-25                                 About 8 litres
25-15                                 About 9 litres
10-0                                  About 10 litres (Really time to panic  :o )
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 11:09:14 am by Jonno21 »
The internet is a huge dumpster. You have to look hard to find anything useful.

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Re: Adblue Experience So Far
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 09:30:28 am »
Also had mine from Derby (Beechwood) in September, currently at 55% Adblu after 6840 miles

Alan

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 11:02:28 am »
Hi BigAl
They said to definitely top up at 80%. Incidentally I didn't buy mine from Beechwood. It had gone in for a replacement drivers seat base under warranty - a whole new story. Now found table so will update original post.

Jonno21

steve101

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 11:52:47 am »
NOTE
• When the remaining distance-to-empty is 1400 km (869.9 miles) or shorter while the
AdBlue® warning indication is displayed, the SCR warning light turns on and the vehicle
speed is restricted. In addition, if there is a problem with the SCR system/AdBlue® and the
remaining distance-to-empty is 700 km (435 miles) or shorter, the SCR warning light
flashes and the vehicle speed is restricted.
• AdBlue® needs to be replenished periodically according to the scheduled maintenance
information. If a warning message is displayed in the multi-information display or the
SCR warning light flashes, consult an expert repairer, we recommend an Authorised
Mazda Repairer.
• Normally, the vehicle can be driven about 12,000 km (7,500 miles) before AdBlue®needs
to be replenished.

Copied and pasted from CX5 owners manual.

Offline Iya

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Reflex Blue
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 08:58:20 am »
Where do people get their Adblu from? Is it all the same, or is the cheaper stuff (at Wilko or The Range for example) as good as stuff bough from a garage or dealer?
I know its only basically cows wee, but is the cheap stuff made from poorly cows ? :D

steve101

Offline Brentmere

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 06:29:29 pm »
The check engine warning light came on ( steady light) this afternoon on the A.52 Derby to Nottingham Road. I called Beechwood Mazda who asked me to come in straight away.
I told them I had driven  700 miles in total since purchased the car from them, and my Ad-blue level was still showing 100%. They did a code check and said it pointed to the Ad blue. They cleared the codes and I am back home with car.The are submitting the code and information to Mazda Tech. I got the impression they do not know what caused the Check engine light to come on.
My question is would one expect to see a drop in the tanks % level after just 700 miles as I believe a tank full will last 11,000 miles. Any info regarding this matter will be appreciated.
I hope the flow of Ad-blue is not blocked in any way!!
Regards Jim

Offline Anchorman

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 05:19:00 am »
Hi Jim.

I bought some adble when i bought my car in January.  Some was in a 5 litre keg and i bought some in a 1 litre bottle with a filling nozzle.  The gauge at this time was 100% and i think the mileage was less than 100.  Not being able to resist fiddling, i decided to see what it was like to fill and what would happen when back pressure stopped the flow from the special attachment.  I attached the bottle and flow starts by pressing the bottle in towards the connector to open a little spring loaded valve.  Within seconds the entire bottle was consumed and the valve admits air automatically.  Woosh, gone!

The gauge obviously still read 100% and i may have filled the neck of the tank.  It is my intention to make a little video of filling the tank soon which I’ll add a link to.  However, at 1000 miles, i think it still reads 100% but I’ll check tomorrow.  I also think Ikve read a TSB about iffy adble dosing injector in the exhaust but despite downloading the latest only a couple of weeks ago, I don’t seem to have.  That makes me think it must have been on another model, maybe a 6 and now it applies to us (the system is identical).  Maybe you have one of the first to exhibit the fault.  Maybe my memory is playing tricks too but next time I’ll pay more attention to it.
Eagles may soar high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.......

Offline Brentmere

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 09:36:25 am »
Thanks for the reply, and the fact your tank read 100% at 1000 mile.
 I'm obviously quite concerned that the Check engine light warning may re-appear which means another visit to the dealer.
Interestingly the adblue warning light did not come on! as the user manual gives many different scenarios for adblue warning situations.
I will just have to wait and see what the outcome of the codes are from Mazda.

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2019, 02:50:32 pm »
Now just turned 85% Adblue remaining at 5,000 miles covered. 7,500 miles to go until service :)
Update - Now 80% remaining at 6,500 miles. Will top up with 4 litres soon.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 10:40:24 pm by Jonno21 »

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2019, 02:52:49 pm »

It is my intention to make a little video of filling the tank soon which I’ll add a link to. 
That would be very useful thanks Anchorman. I'm sure people will appreciate it.

Offline Brentmere

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2019, 06:06:33 pm »
 I'm obviously quite concerned that the Check engine light warning may re-appear which means another visit to the dealer.
Interestingly the adblue warning light did not come on! as the user manual gives many different scenarios for adblue warning situations.

Dealer got the fault code and returned information from Mazda Techs the next day. They have  told the dealer to check a couple of things!! I am taking the car in this Friday morning, however yesterday the  Check engine light came on again after 2 weeks without a problem.There is no difference to performance at all. I hope they can fix the problem and prevent the "check engine warning light recurring. As it now starting to get on my nerves.

Offline Brentmere

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2019, 12:41:45 pm »

Dealer got the fault codes and returned information from Mazda Techs the next day. They have  told the dealer to check a couple of things!! I am taking the car in this Friday morning, however yesterday the  Check engine light came on again after 2 weeks without a problem.There is no difference to performance at all. I hope they can fix the problem and prevent the "check engine warning light recurring. As it now starting to get on my nerves.

Friday 5th April. Took the car to Beechwood Derby as planned. The service manager had reams of instructions from Mazda Technical to follow. Mostly software he said.If all the checks were OK which they were, he had to load new software to the system, he also did DPF regeneration and reset all the factory settings. He's confidant that this should do the trick.
Everything is running fine so far. What a fantastic drive it is.

Edit to correct quote sequence
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 10:41:56 pm by Willpower »

Offline Dave

• IT challenged.
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2019, 07:37:56 pm »
Mine has the message ad blu at 9310 miles and was currently showing 75%, I was at 9,100 at the weekend with a long run today so decided to top up.

Went to Halfords and got the 10 litre box with filler nozzle on their advice. Topped up to 5 litres, all ok so far. On the run today after 50 miles got the message ad blu overfilled, drain asap. Now ad blu is showing 100% still advising fill at 9,310 although I’m past this now. I decided to drain some out with a tube but had to go a long way down before reaching the reservoir, so how do these auto stop nozzles work?

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2019, 06:45:02 pm »
I'm a Beechwood customer as well, but decided to do this myself as I'm some distance away from them. I'd had the 12.5k service done but Adblue was still OK. Did it at 13.5k with remaining range still showing 1000 miles! Used this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KO803QI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The flexi nozzle on the 10L it as much use as a chocolate fireguard. The 2 litre has the autostop nozzle which works well. Fit that to the car and keep filling the 2L from the 10L. The nozzles can't be switched but you wouldn't want to have to hold the 10L like that for long anyway. 10L went in, gauge was back to 100%; kept the last 2L in the smaller bottle, ditched the bigger one. JD!

Alan

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2019, 06:45:02 pm »