Author Topic: Aerial damage before delivery  (Read 13700 times)

Offline AndyC

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2014
Aerial damage before delivery
« on: April 02, 2014, 08:19:30 pm »
When I came to wash my CX-5 for the first time I used some steps to let me reach the middle of the roof. It was then I noticed that the car had been driven under something too low before I took delivery. All the paint on the top of the aerial has been badly scratched. You cannot see it from ground level unless you are very tall. I have noticed Mazda quote the height of the car excluding the aerial so perhaps the ship or one of the car transporters it came in on was very close to the quoted height. Off to the dealer on Friday for them to take a look at it.
My car is meteor grey but I don't get that option.

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Re: Aerial damage before delivery
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 03:49:33 pm »
Well, I sincerely hope that you have more luck with your dealers than mine. Someone at the dealers put a scuff in the paintwork on the N/S/F wing last September whilst it was it for sat-nav issues. That still hasn't been fixed. And now they want to charge me nearly £350 to fit a new wing mirror that won't fold and won't stay in place saying that it's been hit (it hasn't), even after I pointed out that it's probably only two gear wheels out of mesh. According to them, you have to replace the whole assembly including the glass, because the glass always breaks when you take it apart!

BTW, mine doesn't have the lane departure system fitted. Apparently mirrors for those are mega-bucks...

Offline Willpower

• East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Administrator
  • Watching events
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 05:05:57 pm »
And now they want to charge me nearly £350 to fit a new wing mirror that won't fold and won't stay in place saying that it's been hit (it hasn't)

That should be covered by your warranty.

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 08:54:38 pm »
That's what I thought. But because they spotted a small scratch on the casing, which happened about a week after I took delivery, they are saying it's been hit by another vehicle and isn't covered. The fact that's its the near side mirror seems to be lost on them.  >:(

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 08:54:38 pm »