Author Topic: 2012-2015 Infotainment Issues (SMS/USB) Dealer Fix (Update - BT Shuffle/Repeat!)  (Read 15106 times)

Offline RichardCX5

• New CX5 Owner Feb 2016
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2014
Hi all,

I've been having some minor problems with the infotainment system since I bought my CX-5 in January, and wanted to post an update. The issues were as follows;

- SMS Text messaging not working (iPhone 6, the notification would appear but the messages screen would appear blank)
- USB Connection slow to load (USB Drive and iPhone)
- First song on USB drive/iPhone always played when the car is started (i.e. the system doesn't remember the last playing song)

I took my car to Wrights Mazda of Norwich where I bought the car, and their service was brilliant so a big thumbs up to them. They advised that the current TSB from Mazda involves changing the head unit for an updated version) A claim was put in to Mazda and within a week I had the new head unit fitted. I'm pleased to say that it's fixed all of the above issues!

Richard
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 12:55:39 pm by RichardCX5 »
Versatuner 175bhp map, H&R Wheel Spacers, Red Ambient Lighting, Sony XAV-AX100, Upgraded speakers, Leather Handbrake/Gearlever Gaiters + Armrest, Red Door Piping LED Interior/Exterior Lighting, Exhaust Tips...and about 50kg of sound deadening!

Offline MikeyB

• Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Transmission: Automatic
Re: 2012-2015 Infotainment Issues (SMS/USB) Dealer Fix
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 07:53:36 pm »
Excellent news!  I too have a newly-acquired 2014 CX5 and the re-starting-from-first-track issue drives me nuts. I wonder whether my local dealer (Brayley in Milton Keynes) will be as accommodating when I get time to raise this with them.

Offline RichardCX5

• New CX5 Owner Feb 2016
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 08:10:27 pm »
Excellent news!  I too have a newly-acquired 2014 CX5 and the re-starting-from-first-track issue drives me nuts. I wonder whether my local dealer (Brayley in Milton Keynes) will be as accommodating when I get time to raise this with them.

I did print the North American TSB that I had found online but it didn't seem to be of much use. I did think of asking the service manager at the dealership if I could have a copy of the UK one but thought that was too cheeky!
I'd suggest requesting an appointment via the Mazda website, listing your exact issues. The one they seemed to be most concerned with was the first-track problem.

R
Versatuner 175bhp map, H&R Wheel Spacers, Red Ambient Lighting, Sony XAV-AX100, Upgraded speakers, Leather Handbrake/Gearlever Gaiters + Armrest, Red Door Piping LED Interior/Exterior Lighting, Exhaust Tips...and about 50kg of sound deadening!

Offline RichardCX5

• New CX5 Owner Feb 2016
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 10:58:19 am »
UPDATE -

This is what I hope is pretty big news on my replacement head unit. I'd always assumed that the lack of shuffle/repeat functions over Bluetooth streaming was a limitation of the stereo software and not something that would ever be fixed...

...BUT IT HAS!!!

I've just driven the car to give it a test and streaming music via Bluetooth from my iPhone 6S+ I can press the repeat or shuffle button on the head unit and it will switch on my iPhone! I'm abolsutely over the moon about this fix as it was probably one of my biggest frustrations with the car as a whole (goes to show what a good car it is given that was the biggest negative). Goes to show that perhaps Mazda have made good but didn't want to publicise the fix to avoid queues at the dealerships! I'll post a video later showing it working if there's demand.

Offline Huxie

• Colour: Sky Blue Metallic
  • Year: 2012
Hi Richard,

If you could link to a video that would be great. I use Google Play All Access to stream via bluetooth and my repeat/shuffle buttons are greyed out (using same phone)

Cheers

Offline Rogthedodge65

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Year: 2013
Richard, Can you give me details of the TSB - I think my newly-acquired 2012 Sport Nav has the same issues/. Many thanks, Roger

Hi all,

I've been having some minor problems with the infotainment system since I bought my CX-5 in January, and wanted to post an update. The issues were as follows;

- SMS Text messaging not working (iPhone 6, the notification would appear but the messages screen would appear blank)
- USB Connection slow to load (USB Drive and iPhone)
- First song on USB drive/iPhone always played when the car is started (i.e. the system doesn't remember the last playing song)

I took my car to Wrights Mazda of Norwich where I bought the car, and their service was brilliant so a big thumbs up to them. They advised that the current TSB from Mazda involves changing the head unit for an updated version) A claim was put in to Mazda and within a week I had the new head unit fitted. I'm pleased to say that it's fixed all of the above issues!

Richard

Mazda CX-5 Forums