Technical Section > Accessories

Boot liner

(1/4) > >>

BigAl:
I already have the boot liner tray (which I kept from my first CX5). What I need now is a liner which covers the back of the rear seats and the panels over the wheel arches. Getting fed up trying to remove dog hair from the back of the seats. Have seen quite a few on sale but they seem to be mostly "universal" fit. My experience in the past is that this means doesn't quite fit anywhere...

Any recommendations?

Alan

xtrailman:
I use pond liner to protect the boot sides and backs for the seats, but its protection from fishing equipment and dumpit stuff, so might not be suitable for dogs.

I looked myself for a suitable liner, but as you say none actually covered everything I wanted at the right price. I use a piece of carpet to protect the boot tucked under the truck liner.

Aldi sell a cheap rubber type covering in black occasionally, I bought two and find them useful for the dump pit run, but not I would thing dog proof, I suppose it depends on how active your dog is.

BigAl:
Active? Don't make me laugh!!! He's a greyhound who spends most of his time like this

However, you wouldn't believe how hard it is to get short dog hair off the carpet on the back of the seats!

Alan

howardsathome:
Found just the thing a couple of years ago from Argos, black coated nylon fabric and it was only about £15. Fitted my son's Mazda 6 Estate perfectly, may be a bit big for CX-5 but workable. It has sections with velcro that fit up both sides into wheel arches and at front edge with straps to fit onto rear seat headrests plus a drop down flap to cover rear bumper. Perfect, except his dog is a very lively Labrador and you do have to reposition it regularly!
Just checked, it was in Argos Spring/Summer 2015 at £19.99. 

howardsathome:
Hi again BigAl,
Love the 'Active Dog' picture. Just wondered if you had followed up on my suggestion from Argos below and whether it fitted the bill?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version