Technical Section > Wheels & Tyres

Michelin Latitude Sport 3

(1/3) > >>

CX-Fiver:
Got a nail in my NS Front tyre the other day and as both front Toyo Proxes were pretty worn out, I decided to replace both, rather than have the puncture repaired.

After a bit of Googling, I went with 2 x Michelin Latitude Sport 3 from Kwik Fit at £325.24 fitted. Not cheap but no-one could do 'em cheaper, especially as Kwik Fit have a free mobile fitting service if you buy 2 or more tyres. It's a really good service this and I recommend it - wouldn't go to one of their centres though.....

Anyway, the Michelin's are excellent with loads of grip in the wet, which is where you want it most obviously. Don't think there's any difference in road-noise but they do feel more stable and compliant over bumps than the Proxes. Mind, the Proxes were well worn, so the Michelins should be better across the board.

twabrigs:
I've got those and I think they do have more grip in the wet than the Toyos.

BigAl:

--- Quote from: twabrigs on January 18, 2018, 05:01:36 pm ---I've got those and I think they do have more grip in the wet than the Toyos.

--- End quote ---

Agreed!

Alan

rmvf:
what sort of mileage are you getting off these bad boys, im coming up to 20 k on second set of toyo proxel 2, so might change and follow suit, blackcircles of course.

CX-Fiver:
You say Blackcircles but they will cost you £325.24 for a pair - same as Kwik Fit - and then you'll need to pay more to get them fitted. Kwik Fit mobile came to my house and fitted them for nowt. Kwik Fit also have a free Winter kit offer on that made them even better value.

https://www.kwik-fit.com/offers/michelin-winter-kit-offer?utm_source=awin&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_campaign=The+Global+Voucher+Group+Limited+%28MVC%29&awc=5680_1514742298_fdd5f99d02fb579c3d53d01afb3351b0

After reading quite a few reviews, I'm understanding that getting 20K out of them is easily achievable, so go for them mate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version