Author Topic: New model CX 5 for 2017  (Read 51099 times)

Offline vbl

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2017
Re: New model CX 5 for 2017
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2017, 04:09:30 pm »
Picked up my new CX-5 last week. Ex-demo with all the bells and whistles (safety pack, full airdam kit, soul red crystal, AWD etc). Dream to drive, lights superb feature. Have not tried sat nav yet but with Mazda history I will continue to carry my Garmin with me. Yes, sat nav unit that withdraws into dashboard would have been great as would some arrangement for dash cam.
Had Alloygaters fitted to protect alloys as I get dizzy every time I think how much repair cost may be if needed. Never needed it up to now but had Alloygaters on cars for the past 7 years and know that the day I decide not to have them, something nasty will happen.
Took out GAP insurance for £156 only to have Mazda finance ring me next day to offer it for £295!!!
 Roof rack arrangement on new CX-5 too silly for words; roof strip has to be removed and replaced with different strip costing about £20. Then you can either have side rails fitted on which roof rack will be fixed - total cost about £500 or just roof rack for £180. Talking about use and abuse...
 Unfortunately, now I find that my roof rack (18 months old!!) does not fit and with airdam kit, side bar steps no use either.

But, having said all that, I love it and am pleased I got it

Offline MikeTB

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Zeal Red Mica
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2018, 10:44:42 pm »

Just a technical note the ad blue route is used to reduce NOx but the skyactiv engine apparently doesn't need it to meet the spec. ........Some though inject the diesel straight into the exhaust manifold using a separate injector in the exhaust and so obviously this would not result in dilution of oil in the sump but it requires a separate injector and control equipment so is a lot more expensive but in my view would stop people worrying about oil dilution.

Well maybe not JUST the worry of oil dilution. They are going to introduce a diesel ban in the capital city of my home State in 2018 for diesels not meeting the Euro6 standard and even then there is talk of reassessing even these to see whether or not they meet the standard in everyday driving. Along with that, some States countrywide are pressing for the introduction of the Blue sticker. That said, manufacturers are at this moment, under pressure from State governments, assessing whether it is possible to make modifications - even going above simple software updates in the case of some vehicles - to bring them into line with the Euro 6 standard in order to make this diesel ban unnecessary. We are talking about several million vehicles here with pressure being placed upon manufacturers to make these modifications at their own expense. We'll see.
[/quote]
Did some research online and found a lot of data about NOx and CO2 emissions from the CX5 diesel. Seems the real emissions of NOx are a lot closer to the official test levels than most cars on the road. The Mazda uses Low Compression ratios as a unique part of their solution.
Unfortunately it also has one of the worst real world CO2 emissions - around 40% worse, which ties in well with my real MPG figures. Anyone claiming to achieve the official figures must be driving very cautiously.
Good job Road Tax is based on test CO2!

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2018, 10:07:38 am »
You must be located in Germany as I am Mike. Remind me please, how long has this saga regarding the blue sticker been going on for now LOL. And with respect to 'hardware' updates - well that summit of all summits in Berlin not all that long ago didn't see much motion in that direction. Good old Winfred :-)
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline MikeTB

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Zeal Red Mica
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2018, 04:46:24 pm »
Not Germany. If you didn't recognise the flag I am in the Isle of Man (Insel Mann) .
I ordered something from Amazon recently which was shipped from Berlin and they realised exactly where I was. We have German road signs and police during the TT races.
I was referring to limitations in London where I used to live.
I believe France also has restrictions nowadays.
One thing we have in the Isle of Man in common with Germany is unlimited speed, but here any road with no signs has no speed limit. I have plenty of opportunity to give my CX5 a chance to use its full performance.

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2018, 08:31:07 am »
Not Germany. If you didn't recognise the flag I am in the Isle of Man (Insel Mann) .

Ah, OK. It was the 'some States countrywide' bit in your earlier post that threw me.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2018, 08:31:07 am »