Author Topic: Car stuttering/Juddering slightly then cut out. Help please  (Read 6364 times)

Offline Leoemily14

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2019
Car stuttering/Juddering slightly then cut out. Help please
« on: April 21, 2021, 02:47:13 pm »
Hi guy,

I own a 2014 CX5, last month the car had been stuttering slightly when driving, nothing major, until one day it cut out and wouldn’t start again. Took it to my mechanic who said the only thing he can think is it was the wrong fuel or contaminated fuel. He drained the system and changed the fuel filter. The car ran fine for a month but this morning it’s done the same. Felt like it was juddering slightly for a few days before today and this morning it’s cut out and won’t start. It’s trying to tick over when I press the start button but won’t kick in. There is no engine ma game that light on the dash (would that only come on when the car was started though?) Phoned my mechanic and he’s advised to book it into Mazda this time. Does anyone know what this could be or if it’s a common problem?

Thanks guys

Offline Leoemily14

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2019
Re: Car stuttering/Juddering slightly then cut out. Help please
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 05:29:15 pm »
Just an update....

Got home from work, told my wife I was going out to try the car and see what’s what and as impressed the start button I could feel it almost kicking in. I gave the accelerator a few pumps and it has started, no warning lights on dash and sounds like it’s running fine. I’ve not taken it a run yet, will let it idle for a wee while first I reckon but any idea why this is happening?

Mazda CX-5 Forums

Re: Car stuttering/Juddering slightly then cut out. Help please
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 05:29:15 pm »