Author Topic: Heating controls  (Read 10106 times)

Offline ABZJock

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Machine Gray
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2017
Heating controls
« on: January 06, 2018, 11:38:08 pm »
Owned our new 2017 cx5 for about 5 weeks now but I'm still a bit puzzled on the best set up for the heating and ventilation. Took parents out for a jolly the other day an it seemed to take an age for the car to completely demist, especially the rear side windows. It was like being in an old golf.
You can't seem to be able to have screen vent on at the same time as the face vents and rear passenger vents to get some circulation going. Or am I missing something?
Also, does anyone know what the two "mode" switches relate to. Are they for front and rear control or, driver and passenger?
I can't get much joy from the manual.
Thanks guys

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Re: Heating controls
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 01:46:55 pm »
I don't think I've ever had this happen except in very humid/cold weather?

My first guess would be that you could have it set in re-circulation mode rather than through ventilation?
Secondly, is the AC on?

I keep mine set in Auto mode, AC ECO on, all vents open and with through ventilation, then just select what temperature I want (usually 19C). Works for me!

Alan

Offline ABZJock

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Machine Gray
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 07:43:26 pm »
Thanks for the reply Alan.
Through ventilation was on. Granted the car had been sitting idle for a couple of days and the weather was pretty crap so, I figured that may have been one reason. Perhaps I was expecting miracles.
Ive taken time since to have a good look and  worked out that the two mode selection switches which are down next to the Dual switch, do exactly the same at all settings. I thought since there were two, that was to control separate sides of the ventilation independently. Don't understand why Mazda fitted two switches.
We did notice a difference setting at auto so you may be correct.
 I dare say we'll get used to the controls eventually.

Thanks again

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 07:43:26 pm »