Author Topic: Possible flat battery ..... but ?  (Read 8777 times)

Offline Deepjoy22

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Possible flat battery ..... but ?
« on: April 07, 2018, 08:33:30 pm »
Went to drive off for an evening out and found the car door unlocked (my model has the stop / start auto locking etc system).

Then found that there were no electrics; unable to start or anything.  Lights had been on auto and no doors were ajar so a bit of a puzzle as to what might have flattened the battery - which is what I am assuming it is.

However, there is a single light on in the instrument cluster - the air bag / front seat belt tensioner warning light.  Very odd one single light.

Anyone any ideas - or is it just a dead battery for some reason.

Thanks.

Offline BigAl

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
Re: Possible flat battery ..... but ?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 09:11:04 am »
That’s a weird one! Probably not related, but I have a couple of similar ongoing issues with mine. One is that the auto door locking doesn’t always work, bizarrely it seem to depend on how hard you shut the door. The other is that the iStop keeps failing to work with the system saying that it is the battery that’s preventing it from working. Which is strange as I had the battery replaced under warranty for that exact problem. Need to get it booked in again, I suppose...

This is my second CX5, it’s problems have all been electrical or software related. My first one had all mechanical issues. Do I go for a third or not? 6 months to decide...

Alan

Offline Deepjoy22

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 01:45:28 pm »
As suggested by BigAl (thanks) there was almost certainly no link.  When I checked this morning even that one light was out - probably the last to go.

So a Mazda Assist call to get me up and running again. Only worry is that there is no clue as to what caused it.

As an aside I know that the batteries on the CX5 are not fully sealed units and the suggestion in the handbook is a weekly check.  How often are others doing this check - and has anyone added any distilled water between services?

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 04:28:58 pm »
I've topped up the battery in between services. I cannot see anything in the service schedule that the dealer checks this.
The internet is a huge dumpster. You have to look hard to find anything useful.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 04:28:58 pm »