Author Topic: Service booking  (Read 20004 times)

Offline BigAl

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Service booking
« on: May 15, 2014, 09:23:33 am »
Have previously used my supplying dealer (Chambers Tamworth) for servicing. As I've had a bit of a love/hate relationship with them, I thought I'd try a different one for the third service. Beechwood Derby have just taken on a Mazda franchise and are closer. Rang them - they could get me in within a few days. Chambers generally need a couple of weeks in order to either collect (from the office) and deliver or book a courtesy car. Both options are free with them, except fuel for the courtesy car (obviously). Beechwood charge £10 for the courtesy car (+fuel) or £20 for collect and deliver! Now I know why they could fit me in so soon!

Alan

Offline Willpower

• East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Administrator
  • Watching events
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
Re: Service booking
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 11:16:30 am »
Both approaches seem reasonable to me.

Offline deepeg59

• Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 04:51:48 am »
A courtesy car isn't a 'courtesy' if you have to pay for it - it's a rental car however small the charge. And really owners should know when a service is due and plan accordingly. MAzda UK should provide a 'courtesy' car or free rental in the case of a breakdown within the warranty period.

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Watching events
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 11:05:09 am »
MAzda UK should provide a 'courtesy' car or free rental in the case of a breakdown within the warranty period.

This discussion is related to servicing not breakdown. Mazda don't HAVE to supply at all.  Do you get a courtesy gas boiler if your central heating breaks down ?

The supply of a car whether you call it Courtesy or Rental whilst your car is in for servicing, is the prerogative of the dealership in question in helping to ease your situation. And is purely for Customer services and loyalty reasons. It is not an obligation to offer one or for you to accept. Most dealerships will assist and consult with you to arrange a service date and time that will coincide with when they have a car available. If they are decent enough to be able to supply a convenience car then I think perhaps £10 to keep your day running smoothly is a little price to pay.

Offline deepeg59

• Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 07:00:18 pm »
I quite agree that Mazda or the dealership don't HAVE to provide a car but a courtesy car is just what it says. They also need to remember that an independent will service it for considerably less. My local garage [ who meets all the criteria laid down by Mazda] is almost half the price on a dealerships fixed price service. So do I take it there and rent a car still for less than a dealer or drive several miles to the dealer for the privilege of paying more and then perhaps having to pay for a loan car. It's a no brainer really. 

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Watching events
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 08:51:09 pm »
Totally your choice and I agree completely about the disparity in costs between dealerships and independents.

My point was the following..........

............................MAzda UK should provide a 'courtesy' car or free rental in the case of a breakdown within the warranty period.

Why ?? ... they are not obliged to. Mazda are a commercial profit making business. Having a heart, being generous and providing a "free" car does not come easily to them. Especially in the breakdown scenario as you first implied.  I personally have been given a free courtesy car by my dealership whilst my car was being serviced on more than one occasion.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 08:51:09 pm »