• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
CX3
« on: May 26, 2015, 10:41:12 am »
Went to have a brief look at a CX3 in sports-nav spec on Saturday at the launch event, just in case it was a viable alternative to the CX5 when I replace mine later this year. Realistically, it's not going to be due to the size of the boot. Otherwise, it's a cracking motor. Interior layout is very good, seats are comfortable, similar headroom to the CX5 but slightly less legroom. Seat was right back and down for me, but that left only about 75mm legroom behind my seat, so four big adults would struggle. Boot has a two level floor, but - on the sport nav - you can't use the lower level as the Bose subwoofer sits in the middle wheel space and is too high! Feels very well put together overall. Wasn't able to drive it but did hear it running; the 1.5l, 105HP diesel sounds very quiet.

Once again, the Mazda demo guys didn't seem very well informed regarding spec and options available.

Alan

Offline howardsathome

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2013
Re: CX3
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 02:14:54 pm »
Interesting comments BigAl. Which Dealership was it? Is it time to name and shame? Very good service at Colliers Mazda Birmingham in brand new facilities.

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 03:13:01 pm »
To be fair, this wasn't a dealership issue as the launch demo was being run by two guys (presumably) from Mazda. I've also seen these types of demo given by freelance demonstrators who are dressed up to look like they work for the company, but couldn't be sure in this case. They just didn't seem very well prepared.

Haven't come across Colliers Mazda before, might have to get a quote from them for my possible replacement. I've already found a dealer in Derby who's undercut the one in Tamworth by £2K on a new 175 sport nav, plus has offered almost £2k more as a PX on the existing!

Alan

Offline howardsathome

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 06:19:21 pm »
Fully understand your comments regarding vehicle launch staffing. I would have expected fully briefed dealership staff to be part of the event. I will be interested to hear of your experience if you do contact Colliers Mazda. The showroom is on the A38 Tyburn Road Erdington, heading into Birmingham, about 2 miles from A38M, Aston Express Way at Spaghetti Junction. On the same site is Colliers Honda and Land Rover, all in separate new State of the Art facilities.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 06:19:21 pm »