Author Topic: Rear door won’t open!  (Read 9908 times)

Offline kiakid2

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2017
Rear door won’t open!
« on: December 21, 2019, 12:22:53 pm »
On two occasions now, the rear passenger door has remained locked and unable to be opened from the outside – whilst the other three doors are ok
Locking and unlocking whilst outside or in the car doesn’t seem to resolve the problem – I had to lean across the back seat and open the door from inside the first time it happened then it was ok.
The second time I did nothing and it seems to have resolved itself………..has anybody else had this occur?

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2019
Re: Rear door won’t open!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 08:30:03 pm »
On two occasions now, the rear passenger door has remained locked and unable to be opened from the outside – whilst the other three doors are ok
Locking and unlocking whilst outside or in the car doesn’t seem to resolve the problem – I had to lean across the back seat and open the door from inside the first time it happened then it was ok.
The second time I did nothing and it seems to have resolved itself………..has anybody else had this occur?
Not personally but sounds like something that will only get worse over time.  From your signature it looks like you're still under warranty so take it to a dealer. If it's intermittant try and video it when it happens and show them, otherwise it's "We can't find anything wrong with it sir" ::)
The internet is a huge dumpster. You have to look hard to find anything useful.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

Re: Rear door won’t open!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 08:30:03 pm »