Author Topic: Recall info  (Read 6839 times)

Offline vbl

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2017
Recall info
« on: November 06, 2019, 08:26:25 pm »
Couple of weeks ago a message appeared on my screen telling me wheel rotation is due. At about the same time I received an email from my nearest dealership (25 miles away) to offer me free winter check up. I telephoned them to arrange wheel rotation and asked about winter check. I was told that the free check is just a visual one but for £42.99 I can have various bits properly checked as well as have a good valeting done at the same time. Conversation then continued something like "Oh, and by the way, there is a recall on CX5 so we can do that at the same time"
Why would I think that the recall was far more important than complimentary winter check and that that should have been in their promotion email?
Anyway, drove 25 miles and got there on the dot, left the car and was told it would take about 2 hours but they will ring me. Wandered into the city, drank gallons of coffee and when did not hear anything by 14.00, returned to the dealership...to be told nothing was done to the car as they had problem with recall computer.
Absolutely fuming - they could have called me and told me that and enabled me to get the car and return home, lovely gardening day lost to nothing.
Arranged for repeat visit and emailed customer service, stating that apart from time lost, I also drove 50 miles for nothing and will have to repeat the journey following week.
Response? No, not really, only call to offer to pick the car up for me early morning and return it at the end of the day.
For two hour job.

Offline vbl

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2017
Re: Recall info
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 10:56:52 pm »
Had the car in - dealership super helpful, did everything on time, sorted out recall issue.
It just shows it can be done

Mazda CX-5 Forums

Re: Recall info
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 10:56:52 pm »