Author Topic: Istop.. new battery, soft reset ... still not working  (Read 9516 times)

Offline ilongstaff

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Istop.. new battery, soft reset ... still not working
« on: March 27, 2019, 08:30:00 am »
Hello all
I have a bit of an issue with istop. Following a recent service and the recall for upgrade to ECU (regen), I noticed that istop was not working. I went through all of the parameters to ensure that there was not something stopping it from working, no deal. I then did a soft reset, still not working. I checked the battery and although still working OK, a drop test showed it was not in best condition so I replaced with a Mazda supplied battery. Soft reset of Istop, still not working.
Yesterday I did a 400 mile journey, checking / testing at regular intervals, further soft resets, still no deal.
The Mazda service team flatly deny any linkage to the ECU upgrade so I'm reluctant to have them diagnose if there is a (different) simple solution out there I might try first.
Any thoughts please??
TIA

Offline Gus

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2018
Re: Istop.. new battery, soft reset ... still not working
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 06:07:07 pm »
I have not had a problem with the CX-5 but when I had the CX-3 I sometimes had to put it on the charger to charge the battery fully iStop then kicked into normal operation again, worth a try?
What is the iStop screen showing on the infotainment?

Mazda CX-5 Forums

Re: Istop.. new battery, soft reset ... still not working
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 06:07:07 pm »