Technical Section > Maintenance

Servicing costs

(1/3) > >>

Ryland Johsnon:
Hi one and all. My second post!

I have just retired and am looking to purchase a new car. I live in Southern Europe. Cars here are 30% more expensive than in the UK. With that in mind I wonder how expensive servicing costs are on the Mazda? As I have gone the route of visiting every brand of vehicle made looking for an SUV nearly all of the 'other' marks have commented that Mazda are a very good car BUT expensive to run as servicing is dear and parts cost a lot more than average?
I understand a first service, for example, can cost upward of 300€ that's about £280? I guess that's just an oil change?

How do the members here view Mazda's reliability? Maybe the spares are more expensive BUT if the car doesn't need them that negates that argument?

Kind regards to you all.

steve101:
I took out a service plan when I bought my CX5 new in September last year. It's for three years, so three services, costing £640.50 in total. You get a discount on the normal service charge here in the UK paying for them this way.

Deeps:
The servicing costs of the CX5 are a touch on the expensive side also here in southern Germany with a fair chunk of it being for the oil which you won't find on most forecourt shelves..

Gel:
Does anyone know, when your cars in for it's 4th year service, does Mazda
then throw in another year of Breakdown Cover (foc) ?

I too have taken out the 3 year fixed cost service package with Mazda UK, which seems to be backed by an insurance coy.(AWP Assistance UK Ltd <Allianz>).

Gel:
Can anyone confirm whether when you get your car's annual service,
whether you then get another years "free" breakdown cover from year 4 on??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version