Author Topic: New user done and to do wish list  (Read 15279 times)

Offline SmileyT

• Hiding from the wife somewhere !!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Aluminium Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2013
New user done and to do wish list
« on: October 18, 2016, 04:37:07 pm »
Well, I've took the plunge and got a 2013 CX-5.
First jobs were to get new floor mats, boot mat, spare wheel and bumper protector.
Next job is to get dash-cam fitted - Advice welcome !!
Then looking at running boards (see my thread on this one) - bit hesitant about this.
Then going to look at scuff plates - Illuminated or not?

Hopefully that will be about it as don't want too much bling.

Would appreciate any advice on the above, especially about how hard it may be to fit the stuff.

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Year: 2015
Re: New user done and to do wish list
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 04:55:08 pm »
You might want to throw a reversing camera into the mix there or does your model already come with one fitted?
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline SmileyT

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 05:02:03 pm »
You might want to throw a reversing camera into the mix there or does your model already come with one fitted?
Already has reverse camera and park assist on it. According to the book it says it also has lane drift assistant or something. That'll keep the missus awake !!
TBH I haven't read the manual yet but the missus went through it all telling me about about the auto braking, auto headlight main / dipped beam etc. I suppose I should sit down and have a proper read through !!

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 08:49:17 pm »
I haven't read the manual yet ........I suppose I should sit down and have a proper read through !!

;)
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline Tarkus

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 09:47:05 pm »
Hey,
Had my 14 plate CX5 since March and found out last Friday it has headlamp washers lol. Illuminated scuff plates are a waste of time. Until it gets dark. Mine came already fitted but are good. Mazda boot liner is not non-slip so stuff flies around every time you go round a corner. Mats are worth the money. Front and rear silver panels are not worth the money Albeit mine came already fitted. Only upgrade I'm interested in is LED indicator bulbs, side lights and rear lights. So if you go down this avenue let me know please. I won't move until its out of warranty though.
Cheers

Offline rmvf

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2020
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 10:56:02 pm »
Sorry Tarkus but I have to disagree over the illuminated scuff plates, respect your opinion but want to air mine, first they are scuff plates and do the job well, especially if dogs are jumping in/out of interior or other people who don't give your car the same respect. The illumination is just a added bonus in the dark.  I choose to fit them because I've see how poor the sills can get without them, also put boot liner in, agree non slip is poor but alot better than without it just saves deterioration of the boot carpet if any fluids are spilt but also the liner is alot quicker and easy to clean. I couldn't do without them. Mats get the premium type alot better than standard for the sake of a few quid. Although I've got both sets, use the best for summer. And as for LED I'm a big fan love the look they give and really want to upgrade mine too. Seeing a new accident thread this week dash cam is also on my wishlist there is threads on this subject.
Enjoy  :)
2012 sport nav in pearl white
2016 sport nav in sonic silver
2018 sport nav in mica blue
2020 sport nav in sonic silver
2022 sport black in machine grey

Offline SmileyT

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 08:57:43 am »
Thanks for the replies. Boot liner is non slip after market one. Bumper protector is a rubber affair that velcro's to the floor and rolls out to cover most of the back bumper (I have 2 spaniels!!) I didn't think the chrome strip would give enough cover. Car mats are genuine Mazda Premiums. I have also just ordered a twin dog cage so we'll see how that goes.

My main thing about the illuminated scuff plates is just how easy are they to fit? If it means taking the car apart, I'll go for standard ones.
I have to have a dash cam as I got and extra 20% off my insurance on the condition I get one fitted within a few weeks.

The running boards are another should I, shouldn't I. Found a place that claims his are identical to the Mazda EU ones and fitting doesn't foul the jacking points. My concern is that you have to remove some of the original skirt to fit these in place. So I'm a bit nervous about that.

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 06:36:03 pm »
I could be wrong, but I believe that, to have the illuminated scuff plates, you also need to have the footwell lighting. One feeds power to the other, I think?

Alan

Offline rmvf

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Year: 2020
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 09:25:13 pm »
That's not correct Al, I put the scruff plates on first then 2 years later put in the footwell lighting which in my opinion isn't that  good. Both done at dealers, So for the 2016 just had the plates fitted. Oh I remember  now I think the scruff plates are powered from interior lighting linked to front doors.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 09:27:17 pm by rmvf »
2012 sport nav in pearl white
2016 sport nav in sonic silver
2018 sport nav in mica blue
2020 sport nav in sonic silver
2022 sport black in machine grey

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 09:25:13 pm »