Author Topic: Voice of Satnav has disappeared  (Read 8701 times)

Offline dspencer12345

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Reflex Blue
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
Voice of Satnav has disappeared
« on: November 18, 2016, 04:05:38 pm »
Can anyone help me please?

Leaving work today, I went into the Satnav, selected "Home", and it went to the "Start" screen, but did not count down from 10 which I thought was odd at the time. Having tried to start the navigation several times, I came all of the way out to the Main Menu and tried again; it came back to life.

However, what was gone was the voice! The sound in the right speaker cuts, but nothing comes out.
And no, it's not the obvious volume setting for the Satnav itself - that is currently set at about 3/4 volume.
I've checked numerous times as I began to doubt myself. It's like the voice has been muted?!

Anyone else with this problem? I see there was a previous post in September 2015, but that seemed to go away with v56 (which is what I have). I've just updated the maps to 2016, and am hoping that there hasn't been a Satnav update that has caused this.

Offline dspencer12345

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Reflex Blue
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
Re: Voice of Satnav has disappeared
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 01:14:09 pm »
Just checking - has anyone else experienced the Satnav voice disappearing, even if you don't have a solution to the problem?

To confirm, this is not the usual mistake of turning down the volume of the Satnav in error. One minute it's speaking, the next it's not. Just silence in the right hand speaker. And then it comes back as quickly as it goes for no apparent reason!

Mazda CX-5 Forums

Re: Voice of Satnav has disappeared
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 01:14:09 pm »