Author Topic: How much!?!?  (Read 232 times)

Offline CX-Fiver

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Meteor Gray Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
How much!?!?
« on: May 01, 2018, 01:17:39 pm »
I've just paid Hodgson Mazda (Silverlink) a total bill of £526.21 for a major (3 year) service and replacement front brake pads. The £292.50 for the service is steep but I get trained/skilled Mazda engineers to do the job properly, so it just about justifies the cost, I reckon.

What I'm struggling to understand is the £233.71 charge for fitting new front brake pads. What do you think of that price? Cheap/OK/Expensive/Scandalous?

You may well ask "Why did you pay it then, you berk?". Well, this is my 1st SUV so I thought the brakes must be bigger/higher tech and therefore more expensive. Having had the job done and then researched how much the job should cost, I think I've been charged too much. Turns out you can buy the Brembo pads for £35 at Euro Car Parts. So we're talking nearly £200 for fitting them!  >:(

Any thoughts please?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 07:08:58 pm by CX-Fiver »

Offline baz2435

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
Re: How much!?!?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 12:21:45 pm »
That is very expensive. There is no ‘mystery’ as far as the brake components are concerned.
Currently I have the original brakes on my vehicle. I’ve already decided that when any element of the braking system requires replacement I am going to upgrade/uprate the lot. Even when looking at some premium products they aren’t that expensive. I won’t be having the work done at my Mazda garage.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

Re: How much!?!?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 12:21:45 pm »