Author Topic: Dab Radio intermittant  (Read 10957 times)

Offline sb1uk1952

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2017
Dab Radio intermittant
« on: June 07, 2018, 05:20:13 pm »
Hi all something I would like to share on the Dab radio cutting out thinking it bad signal.    Well I found this out after Mazda  changed  my complete radio head on my 64 reg  CX5 sport Nav after loosing normal FM signal . I thought the New MDZ would be better on my 17 Reg Sport NAV but no .

Here is the problem , if you use a cheap Dash Cam recorder any where in you car it will cause intermittent radio as the camera transmits on the same frequency as Mazda radios so it interferes this applies to 2012 up to every Mazda made today  .  Any camera with charger that's L shape charger will cause problems.

Offline Anchorman

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Year: 2018
Re: Dab Radio intermittant
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 05:38:31 pm »
Yes, I found that out after much head scratching. I recommend using good quality cameras such as Viafo A119 or DDPai. The 12v to 5v sockets they come with are very well suppressed and they come with a screened cable. If you intend fitting a rear camera, fun the wire through the left umbilical away from the DAB antenna. 
Eagles may soar high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.......

Offline Gus

• Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 07:01:32 pm »
I have been looking online to try and find the location of the DAB antenna but no joy, where is it located, as my Aukey DR2D totally kills the DAB reception.

Offline Anchorman

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 11:37:31 pm »
I have been looking online to try and find the location of the DAB antenna but no joy, where is it located, as my Aukey DR2D totally kills the DAB reception.

It’s in the back screen.  There is a diagram on page 4 on the pdf.  The DAB antenna in the glass and the amp is close by in the top of the door so if you run a wire take it all the way round up the passenger side.

Edit. Think it might be too big so I’ll attach a screenshot.  Pm an email address if you want the full file.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 11:43:14 pm by Anchorman »
Eagles may soar high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.......

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 11:37:31 pm »