Technical Section > Maintenance

Low Oil Pressure?

<< < (2/2)

Biggles777:

--- Quote from: Anchorman on November 14, 2019, 09:51:56 am ---I’ll find a detailed explanation soon but for now, here is the reset procedure.

--- End quote ---

OK, thank you. Out of interest if the oil data reset has to be done using the grounding wire what is the purpose of the oil reset using the trip meter switch?

Anchorman:

--- Quote from: Biggles777 on November 14, 2019, 11:00:49 am ---
--- Quote from: Anchorman on November 14, 2019, 09:51:56 am ---I’ll find a detailed explanation soon but for now, here is the reset procedure.

--- End quote ---

OK, thank you. Out of interest if the oil data reset has to be done using the grounding wire what is the purpose of the oil reset using the trip meter switch?

--- End quote ---

I’m not sure about that but it is a misconception that zeroing the oil change reminder in the MZD infotainment system is the same as resetting the oil data with the grounding wire. As I’ve not experimented with what that button does, I won’t recommend doing it as once the oil is changed, the only way of synchronising it with the new viscosity is to change it again and these days oil is too expensive to keep throwing it away.

cx5er:
If the oil data is not reset at the time of changing oil, could this result in a check engine light (CEL) MIL P055F error and oil light on a CX-5 2.2D 2017 model?

Just asking as I have had this issue and noticed that the previous owner had an oil change in May followed by a pressure sensor change in June. 

There is sufficient oil in engine and when I checked under the oil filler cap and I can see oil coming in.

cx5er:
I have an update.

My car is a 2017 CX5 Skyactive diesel. Mazda have fixed it at a cost of £1600 and the car has been regularly serviced by a Mazda main dealer in the UK. The car has been used for long motorway miles so I am very sad that this has happened.

The problem with the Mazda engine is that the oil strainer blocks up causing P055F and P0524 error codes to come up. These codes cause the red oil pressure and yellow check engine light to come up on the dash.

The cause of the fault is that the strainer was blocked by carbon deposits. The strainer is essentially a filter inside the car, which cannot be replaced without significant dismantling of the oil sump, removal of the oil pump, and dismantling the oil pump to get to the oil strainer. The oil strainer costs just £25 but the labour made up the lion share of the cost. Why would you put a filter in such an inaccessible part of the car? Oil filters, air filters and even cabin filters are easy to get to - so why do this? Why make it so hard to replace a part that is going to get blocked?

This is my first and last Mazda - awful experience. Costly and stressful. Not impressed with Mazda at all.
I cannot recommend a Mazda or a CX5 to anyone; in fact I would urge everyone to avoid buying this car.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version