Technical Section > Maintenance

2019 CX-5 2.2 Diesel - oil change vs. 1st Service?

(1/3) > >>

Hippogriff:
I have a CX-5 GT Sport Nav+, brand new from Sep 2019... current mileage is at 3,600... for the last week or so an orange message in the central dial has been saying "oil change due" so I got in touch with my local Mazda (Barnsley, Perrys) asking them for the price of an oil change so I can get rid of this message... otherwise I'm guessing I cannot do it on my own and I wouldn't ignore it for too long (I'm not driving much at all these days due to Covid)?

Instead of quoting for an oil change (which is what the car is telling me it wants / needs) the response was - "The cost of the 1st Service on your vehicle will be £251.76; inclusive of parts, labour and VAT." - which is not what I asked for  ;) and, to be frank, not what I wanted to spend right now.  :(

But... is now the right time to consider a first Service instead of just an oil change? The car isn't suggesting that to me.

What's the best way to manage this car in terms of maintenance - is the Mazda App any good?

Lastly... at the very, very, very bottom of the email (almost as an afterthought) the lady said - "Please be aware there will be a £10 + VAT environment charge added to the final invoice." - who's adding that, and why? I've asked her... but it's always good to ask other owners.

Cheers, Hippo

AndrewT:
I had the same on my diesel sport nav when I was in Austria in March, well before the mileage / date threshold for the service interval, after a day or so it went away again, and didn't come back for a month or 2, by which time the milage and date had reached the next service interval, so if you wait a bit longer it may disappear for while...

Hippogriff:
Soooo... I set up the Mazda App... I can see my car in there and it clearly says "1ST SERVICE" then "latest by 12506 mi or 04/09/2020"... so do I need to put up with the orange oil warning until then... or is it actually using some 'smarts' as opposed to a simple timer to tell me something needs addressing?

rmvf:
Guys if you go into vehicle settings under maintenance you can adjust time and mileage for service and another for oil change to your liking or even  disable if you wish to do so, hope this helps in some way.

Hippogriff:
Two quick things...

The Dealer is adding the £10 + VAT (so £12) themselves... as "The environmental charge this charge covers the cost of sanitisers, protections, cleaning procedures and disposal of waste materials..." ...I don't like costs being passed on like that, but we can all expect to see more of it, I guess.

These settings for oil change - that's in the car, right?  ;) If I alter that the orange warning might disappear and I can run happily until the 1st Service.

Oh, three things... the Dealer says the cost of an oil change is £195.13... vs. £251.76 for 1st Service (which includes that)... much more reason to wait. I'm thinking over £100 will be labour there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version