Author Topic: Safety Recall  (Read 23755 times)

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Re: Safety Recall
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2019, 11:48:04 am »
As my computer settings didn’t reset either I assume that the software upgrade was restricted to inlet/idle valve software. After a service/ software upgrade normally all my computer settings are reset.

That's my experience also. My car went in for an out of schedule and voluntary oil change in early August prior to a caravan towing holiday. As a result of a bad internet connection at the dealership the actual software update was done using the technicians Smartphone and took all of roughly 15 minutes. What the upgraded software entailed nobody really knew.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline Huxie

• Colour: Sky Blue Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2012
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2019, 09:00:56 am »
As my computer settings didn’t reset either I assume that the software upgrade was restricted to inlet/idle valve software. After a service/ software upgrade normally all my computer settings are reset.

That's my experience also.

Thanks for the updates on your experiences.

Just received the recall notice but it was dated 2nd of September - strange that others already had it done before that.
I am still having problems with recalls as I moved to the IOM 4 years ago.
Mazda has my correct details but apparently the recall uses the DVLA information so it went to my old address. It was sent on but this should not happen with a safety issue.
Never had any problems as others have described anyway.

I received the recall notice around about the 11th September and my letter was also dated 2nd September. Just happened that my car was in for annual service and MOT on the 2nd so they automatically did the recall update.

Offline howardsathome

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2013
Re: Safety Recall SHUTTER VALVEmine completed
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2019, 02:35:04 pm »
Mine checked out yesterday, just Software Update required, overall less than 2 hours.
Also good news that Battery was not disconnected to cause challenges with settings.
Could not detect any 'Hesitation' on Annual Service last month

Offline MikeTB

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Zeal Red Mica
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2019, 10:13:12 pm »
The work on my car was done last week.
I was told that the valve had to be removed and physically checked as part of the work.
Strange nobody else seems to have mentioned this.
My service dealer has a good arrangement. They are 15 miles away but one mechanic lives near me. He collects the keys the night before and takes the car early in the morning. Brings it back in the evening which saves a lot of hassle. They will provide a courtesy car but then waiting time is longer.
I do have a second car if I need one.

Offline rmh2967

• Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2019, 10:31:52 pm »
I took mine into my local Mazda dealer a couple of weeks ago for the recall. It does need to be cold for the work to be done so be prepared to be without it for most of the day. They do a check and update the computer system. Quite simple. On speaking to the staff at the garage they said apparently they have so far recalled 13,000 cars and only 17 needed to have the full work done. Less than 1%!
On those stats you will be very unfortunate to have the full work done!

Offline makitamark

• Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2019, 11:31:37 am »
Ok, mine went in a couple of weeks back now, it’s always had a hesitation especially on a light throttle and I’ve mostly lived with it, I also had it mapped about 3 months ago, this didn’t cure the hesitation but it went like stink!
I kind of expected a phone call during the recall work with them complaining about the remap, but no.
So it came back and whilst the car certainly runs smoother, the hesitation certainly has decreased, I’ve also found my remap has magically disappeared and it’s back to stock.
Maybe the ‘software update’ was an ECU Remap?
Anyway it’s running ok, so I’m not going to rush out and pay for another remap.

Offline ROCKETRON

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2019, 01:23:17 pm »
Software updates often over write remaps, but if you had your remap from a reputable company then they will usually reinstate the remap.

Offline Jonno21

• Derbyshire
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2019, 08:53:30 pm »
Took my car in today (13/11/2019) for a door mirror problem and found out I had a recall for the intake shutter but electrical only. There was a note on the worksheet that this did not relate to the previous shutter intake recall. I've never received a letter so it hopefully isn't too serious. ( I updated a previous post of mine but it did not bump it up to the top so repeating myself)
The internet is a huge dumpster. You have to look hard to find anything useful.

Offline Anchorman

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2019, 09:26:05 am »
Took my car in today (13/11/2019) for a door mirror problem and found out I had a recall for the intake shutter but electrical only. There was a note on the worksheet that this did not relate to the previous shutter intake recall. I've never received a letter so it hopefully isn't too serious. ( I updated a previous post of mine but it did not bump it up to the top so repeating myself)

Mines booked in for both mirror motors and seals. 
Eagles may soar high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.......

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2019, 09:26:05 am »