Technical Section > Heating & Ventilation

Air Con Question

<< < (2/3) > >>

Anchorman:
Just a bit of reassurance for Ryland.   The AC has a rated output of 5Kw which is as good or better than other vehicles in this segment.  The control logic is different so for maximum cooling, the “dual” function must be turned off otherwise the system will not overchill the passenger side.  I suspect that might be what is happening with any comment about poor performance. The same goes for heating.  You can turn the heat right up on the drivers side but if it is set to a lower temp on the passenger side then it will feel subdued.  Turn off the dual setting so both sides read the same and it will burn your feet.  Here is a pdf regarding the system spec.

Jonno21:
Interesting... I never thought of turning off the dual function as luckily myself and my wife like the same temperature settings so kept the dual function on.

Anchorman:

--- Quote from: Jonno21 on May 12, 2019, 09:35:52 pm ---Interesting... I never thought of turning off the dual function as luckily myself and my wife like the same temperature settings so kept the dual function on.

--- End quote ---

I think dual allows different settings and turning it off keeps them the same ;-)

Jonno21:

--- Quote from: Anchorman on May 13, 2019, 12:10:30 am ---
--- Quote from: Jonno21 on May 12, 2019, 09:35:52 pm ---Interesting... I never thought of turning off the dual function as luckily myself and my wife like the same temperature settings so kept the dual function on.

--- End quote ---

I think dual allows different settings and turning it off keeps them the same ;-)

--- End quote ---
I'll just experiment. The most complex A/C was on my 2009 Citroen C5, the array of individual and independant adjustments available for each side were mind boggling to say the least ??? I think we're in danger of going off topic, Willpower will be after us :'(

dunhill1984:
in response to anchormans brutal reply, i like to say i want instant cold air if the interior is roasting and i have only a 15 min commute home and the windscreen radiates heat a lot, so i need cold air full on...and the only i can do so is put it on manual,full fan and lowest temp 15c then i get cold air(auto does not do this on low fan only)  but i think also that the air vents are too low down and not big enough(compared to other suvs i have had) which decreases the effect

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version