Author Topic: Roof Bars  (Read 10601 times)

Offline DonofBourne

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2014
Roof Bars
« on: June 17, 2014, 02:34:31 pm »
Having recently taken delivery of my stunning CX-5, the dealer rather kindly had the Mazda Aero roof bars that I had asked for fitted - I had expected them to be in the boot, as I don't actually need them until August. I didn't have the heart to ask that they be taken back off, believing that it would be a simple two minute job when I got home - they actually look pretty smart on as well, to be perfectly honest - and the Sales Manager was a very nice guy who thought he was doing me a good turn.  However, having looked at the instructions and pile of bits that were in the bag, it looks as if they don't simply unscrew and, as I have the technical and manual dexterity of the average gorilla (and the looks, come to think of it) I wonder if anyone else has them fitted and can enlighten/reassure me with regards to taking them off, before I wreak havoc with my nice shiny roof? Thanks in anticipation!
I came into this world with nothing, and have most of it left.

Offline rmvf

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2020
Re: Roof Bars
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 07:19:22 pm »
How did you get on with that small problem Don?  Only reason I'm asking thinking of having a set for 2 mountain bikes, but do want to know how difficult it is
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 05:22:26 pm by rmvf »
2012 sport nav in pearl white
2016 sport nav in sonic silver
2018 sport nav in mica blue
2020 sport nav in sonic silver
2022 sport black in machine grey

Mazda CX-5 Forums

Re: Roof Bars
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 07:19:22 pm »