Author Topic: RVM - can it be adjusted?  (Read 10451 times)

Offline MikeyB

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2014
RVM - can it be adjusted?
« on: April 18, 2016, 09:42:43 am »
My RVM system seems much more sensitive to cars on the driver's side than the passenger's.  When I overtake something, unless I creep past by going less than 5mph faster, I rarely get an indication.
But when cars are overtaking me, even if they whistle by, it almost always registers.
Is there a senstivity or speed setting that either I or a dealer can adhust? Or is this 'as designed' /as designed/broken?

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
Re: RVM - can it be adjusted?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 01:56:04 pm »
No adjustment, AFAIK, other than the audible warning volume. The two sides do operate differently, the left side should pick up a vehicle "undertaking" more than you overtaking someone. The right side has more range in the detection, I believe.

Alan

Offline MikeyB

• Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 07:00:17 pm »
Hmm, the two are very different in sensitivity on my car. I don't often get 'under-taken', so I don't know how well it works from that perspective. Perhaps I'll try driving down the middle lane of the M1 at a steady 50 to try that out...

Offline FireDiamondUK

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Zeal Red Mica
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 10:11:36 am »
The radar for the RVM is located in the corners of the back bumper i believe, therefore something BEHIND you coming past will be picked up and then tracked along the side of the car, whereas you passing a car where the car is IN FRONT of you does't seem to register so quickly, perhaps because the system is looking for cars coming from behind as if you are overtaking things you would like to think you are aware of that cars presence and this is a warning system to tell you there is a car you might not have spotted there

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 10:11:36 am »