Author Topic: Is this Forscan thing any good?  (Read 6058 times)

Offline SteveAWD

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Sky Blue Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2012
Is this Forscan thing any good?
« on: January 31, 2023, 01:23:39 pm »
Hi all. I'm hoping to get some reaction here on this question as I posted a few days ago in the "engine" part of the forum and nothing at all.
Anyway, just purchased a 2012/13 Sport Nav 2.2. Had it three days and the turbo let go so its now having a new turbo fitted. When it returns to the driveway I'm going to give it the once-over. Complete service. A good look at the camshafts, new injector seals and drop the sump to clean the oil pic-up bit.

The question I have concerns this Forscan program. I've downloaded it and I've bought the connection lead. Obviously, I haven't got the car to try it out as it hasn't finished having it turbo fitted but I notice that I can't get onto the Forscan forum unless I pay for something of theirs after which they send me a code to enter the forum.
What I want to know is, is it a worthwhile scanning program and will I benefit from what's on that forum? I already have an OBDII reader and I'm wondering if I already have enough to read the Mazda.
Lastly, I don't seam to get any notifications when I have anyone post on my threads. Looked all over this forum and as far as I can see, I aught to be seeing some notifications.

Offline Willpower

• East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Administrator
  • Watching events
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
Re: Is this Forscan thing any good?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 05:36:39 pm »

Go to your profile (Click on your name in the left column)
On the left column in your profile, click on Notifications and adjust your requirements.

Once you have done that, go to the post you want notification of and click on Notify

Offline SteveAWD

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Sky Blue Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2012
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 09:58:52 am »
Thanks for that Willpower. I think I've sorted the notifications bit. Just need the info on if this forescan thing is worth it.
I have the connection lead and I've downloaded the forscan software but I can't find the drivers for the lead on the website that sold me the lead.
As this forum looks like its close to dormant I think I'll send the lead back and look for a reader that will do the reading.
There is more to owning a vehicle than just polishing it or very often, you can get conned by the people that mend them!

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 09:58:52 am »